Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need 94% in the calculator paper in order to retain my a* as i have lost about 30 marks on the non calc paper? Any tips how?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    to make sure my calculator isnt lying to me, i do it twice if i have doubts, and then reverse calculations to make sure the answer is right. then on questions with ridiculous numbers, write down the long winded set of decimals that follow in the working out space and round it in your answer so the examiner can see what went through your head. since you got a calc, use it even for easier sums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    to make sure my calculator isnt lying to me, i do it twice if i have doubts, and then reverse calculations to make sure the answer is right. then on questions with ridiculous numbers, write down the long winded set of decimals that follow in the working out space and round it in your answer so the examiner can see what went through your head. since you got a calc, use it even for easier sums.
    Cheers. Any tips to revise?

ReputationRep:
    I need an A star as well.I approximately lost 22-25 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    I need 94% in the calculator paper in order to retain my a* as i have lost about 30 marks on the non calc paper? Any tips how?
    I'm the same, just looking at the unofficial mark schemes made me realise how many questions I'd misread, there's so much pressure needing to get almost full marks

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to retain an A here. I lost around 37 marks though it could change so id probably need a minimum of 73 marks on the calculator? Any tips? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifyoucandreamit)
    i'm the same, just looking at the unofficial mark schemes made me realise how many questions i'd misread, there's so much pressure needing to get almost full marks
    lets do this together - strong mathematical revision ethic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    lets do this together - strong mathematical revision ethic
    Yeah, there's so much I revised that didn't come up on the paper, hopefully that means it'll be on calculator. I'm just going to do as much revision as possible without neglecting my other subjects

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.