Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ready For English Literature Tomorrow! Yay!!! Anyway - lets make this a discussion of the themes and characters. Why not ask some questions aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Blood Brothers and A Christmas Carol
    Im pretty confident with blood brothers but a christmas carol not so much
    Any predictions for what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    Conflict Cluster - conflict, confusion, patriotism, aftermath on war, how war effects an person etc.

Use of the lexi's, the words. The reader's choice of "line length", how this reflects the tone/mood of the poem. There's also a lot of literary, poetic devices you can elaborate on (not required to maximum level however)

ReputationRep:
    What is the importance of the relationship of Lady Macbeth and Macbeth?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Heroes, any ideas what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    Im not entirely sure what might come up. In my exam on Monday it was either the theme of conflict or 'how does the relationship of Sheila and Gerald change'. Inspector Calls normally focuses on the characters so if you can revise them, you will often be able to relate their actions to the themes of guilt, responsibility etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Conflict Cluster - conflict, confusion, patriotism, aftermath on war, how war effects an person etc.

Use of the lexi's, the words. The reader's choice of "line length", how this reflects the tone/mood of the poem. There's also a lot of literary, poetic devices you can elaborate on (not required to maximum level however)
    This is what I am doing as well!! Any predictions on the poems they may use?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone answer this question as im unsure what poems as im not doing poetry. I would say that the best thing to do for revision though it to take the poems you know you could brush up on and do so. There's no point in looking over the ones you know well, as it may not help as much as it would to develop your understanding of others. I know this isn't very helpful, however its all iv'e got. GcseMaths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseMaths)
    This is what I am doing as well!! Any predictions on the poems they may use?
    Conflict - this is really variable. You can't say a poem coming up, but you need to know the context/which theme they will pick out because thats what resonates with the answer. However, its Belfast Confetti, Futility, Charge of Light Brigade, Poppies and Falling leaves - the only ones I revised and thank god because they're the higher tier so the most challenging ones, the rest I will do via common sense tbh :P Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillsWheels)
    Im not entirely sure what might come up. In my exam on Monday it was either the theme of conflict or 'how does the relationship of Sheila and Gerald change'. Inspector Calls normally focuses on the characters so if you can revise them, you will often be able to relate their actions to the themes of guilt, responsibility etc.
    Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.