Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

I want half of the sentence to basically say:

because I really like my own cooking skills .

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?
    I don't really think you can, unless you change the meaning slightly. "I approach cooking with great enthusiasm"

ReputationRep:
    My enthusiasm for cooking enables me to put dedication and effort into creating dishes, which has resulted in me reaching a high standard.

If you aren't really at a high standard, then use another adjective of your cooking which shows how good you are.

ReputationRep:
    www.thesaurus.com has millions and millions (ok, I exaggerate) of nice descriptive words for you to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)

One great passion of mine is cooking. Due to my enthusiasm in this area, I would relish the chance to prepare meals for my peers.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    the whole point about those sort of forms is you're always going to come off
    as a pretentious w*nker, so why not go completely overboard and just say:

i like to cook. i'm good at cooking. Peter and Jane like cooking too. I cook for Peter and Jane. Timmy the dog has a very large bone. I cook a lot. I cook with my big cooking pot. I am better at cooking than you, probably, so gimme a job you c*nt.

top tip: the nuance of expression will make stuff-all difference.

What do you think?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.