Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

I want half of the sentence to basically say:

because I really like my own cooking skills .

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?
    I don't really think you can, unless you change the meaning slightly. "I approach cooking with great enthusiasm"

ReputationRep:
    My enthusiasm for cooking enables me to put dedication and effort into creating dishes, which has resulted in me reaching a high standard.

If you aren't really at a high standard, then use another adjective of your cooking which shows how good you are.

ReputationRep:
    www.thesaurus.com has millions and millions (ok, I exaggerate) of nice descriptive words for you to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)

One great passion of mine is cooking. Due to my enthusiasm in this area, I would relish the chance to prepare meals for my peers.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    the whole point about those sort of forms is you're always going to come off
    as a pretentious w*nker, so why not go completely overboard and just say:

i like to cook. i'm good at cooking. Peter and Jane like cooking too. I cook for Peter and Jane. Timmy the dog has a very large bone. I cook a lot. I cook with my big cooking pot. I am better at cooking than you, probably, so gimme a job you c*nt.

top tip: the nuance of expression will make stuff-all difference.

What do you think?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.