Need help to write a sentence....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ResidentEvil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

I want half of the sentence to basically say:

because I really like my own cooking skills .

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ResidentEvil)
For this form I have to write a little brief paragraph about me, and it regards my cooking skills (dont ask why ).

But within this sentence I want to alter it to add the word "enthusiastic" or "enthusiasm" (with regards to enjoying cooking). Any suggestions as to how I can change this sentence?
I don't really think you can, unless you change the meaning slightly. "I approach cooking with great enthusiasm"
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My enthusiasm for cooking enables me to put dedication and effort into creating dishes, which has resulted in me reaching a high standard.

If you aren't really at a high standard, then use another adjective of your cooking which shows how good you are.
Mighty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
www.thesaurus.com has millions and millions (ok, I exaggerate) of nice descriptive words for you to use.
Perdurabo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ResidentEvil)

One great passion of mine is cooking. Due to my enthusiasm in this area, I would relish the chance to prepare meals for my peers.

Hope this helps
jackgiraffe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the whole point about those sort of forms is you're always going to come off
as a pretentious w*nker, so why not go completely overboard and just say:

i like to cook. i'm good at cooking. Peter and Jane like cooking too. I cook for Peter and Jane. Timmy the dog has a very large bone. I cook a lot. I cook with my big cooking pot. I am better at cooking than you, probably, so gimme a job you c*nt.

top tip: the nuance of expression will make stuff-all difference.

What do you think?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.19%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.19%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.6%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.6%

Watched Threads