The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS FN2

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Emiliajonessx;65507323]I put. PrΓ©paration and Γ’gΓ©s too and leur and maternelle and the other one I had clue so guessed something random haha

Ahh yes those were the ones, I put them too :smile: think I lost one or two on the previous section urgh
Original post by lauren_sadler27
Oh god I screwed up this one I put true urghh heard 'disponible' so assumed they were making a car available for them oh well hopefully it's the only one I got wrong haha:frown:

Noo you're probably right !!
I thought the exam was pretty easy except the essay titles but my best friend speaks natively and I work on my French a lot so I have LOTS of French exposure, there were lots of words in there that idk how they'd expect us to know.... I only know the word atelier because I read it in a book il y a 272373 years and like body parts and stuff and the word "centaine" which is " about 100 " or "100-ish"

I picked the voting thing cuz i could write about it in english so I just took it and ran in french lmao.
Original post by _Charlotte15
Noo you're probably right !!

I said "il pourrait l'utiliser pourvu qu'il n'y ait pas de transport en commun regulier"
[QUOTE=glenocarolan;65507839]I said "il pourrait l'utiliser pourvu qu'il n'y ait pas de transport en commun regulier"

Oh right that's such an ambiguous question then, so there should be a car available which is what the statement said but I should have ticked false because it's only if there's no public transport ? So confusing πŸ™‰
Wasn't bad. The listening annoyed me most: these are my answers:

True
β€’parents veulent
β€’il y a partout en france
β€’on peut utiliser la voiture
β€’il doit apprΓ©cier (last one)

The false: the reasons for why:
β€’on aura une chambre individuel/ seulement
β€’c'est 75 euros
β€’c'est chacque semaine, pas le soir
β€’les jeunes qui sont choisi aiment aller ces destinations, mais ils ne choississent pas oΓΉ

For the second part
β€’prΓ©parations (the s is probably wrong :frown: )
β€’maternelle
β€’laver
β€’leur
β€’Γ’gΓ©s

So annoyed about the s at the end of prΓ©parations but at least it's one mark. Anyone have any idea of the grade boundaries? Higher than last year to get an A?
Original post by glenocarolan
I thought the exam was pretty easy except the essay titles but my best friend speaks natively and I work on my French a lot so I have LOTS of French exposure, there were lots of words in there that idk how they'd expect us to know.... I only know the word atelier because I read it in a book il y a 272373 years and like body parts and stuff and the word "centaine" which is " about 100 " or "100-ish"

I picked the voting thing cuz i could write about it in english so I just took it and ran in french lmao.

OMFG! I put around 10! That's dizaine which came up like 2-3 years ago, so I was probably thinking about that! What is wrong with me. I know what it is, but the pressure probably put me off lol oh well
Original post by Florent venhari
Wasn't bad. The listening annoyed me most: these are my answers:

True
β€’parents veulent
β€’il y a partout en france
β€’on peut utiliser la voiture
β€’il doit apprΓ©cier (last one)

The false: the reasons for why:
β€’on aura une chambre individuelle/ seulement
β€’c'est 75 euros
β€’c'est chaque semaine, pas le soir
β€’les jeunes qui sont choisis aiment aller(don't need this) ces destinations, mais ils ne choisissent pas oΓΉ (rester/aller)

For the second part
β€’prΓ©parations (the s is probably wrong :frown: )
β€’maternelle
β€’laver
β€’leur
β€’Γ’gΓ©s

So annoyed about the s at the end of prΓ©parations but at least it's one mark. Anyone have any idea of the grade boundaries? Higher than last year to get an A?

gave you some corrections for the above :smile:
Original post by rileystringer1
gave you some corrections for the above :smile:

Thanks! Do u think it'll make a difference? Will i lose marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Florent venhari
Thanks! Do u think it'll make a difference? Will i lose marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really want to panic you but I'm sure that to get the mark, your grammar has to be sound
Reply 50
I definitely remember hearing a minimum of 65 euros
Reply 51
Just hoping they lower the grade boundaries
Reply 52
Can someone remind me what the options for the tick boxes were please
Original post by 123Sam
Can someone remind me what the options for the tick boxes were please

Vrai and Faux
Reply 54
Original post by isabelle99
Which boxes did people tick true and false in the listening? (lmao I always panic after an exam and wonder what everyone else got)

I think I ticked the first two boxes (about international and culture) and then I ticked about it being for all ages and then I ticked about you can see his work but, I can't remember the 5th box I ticked at all...
Reply 55
Original post by Emiliajonessx
what did everyone put for the gap fill ? i thought that was okay and usually i struggle with them !

For the text gap fill I put pendant for the first one, and I put bien sΓ»r there somewhere as well ... And sociaux and peur
(edited 7 years ago)
Vrai and Faux

You didn't have to indicate which ones were faux did you just tick the true ones
Original post by KJC97
I think I ticked the first two boxes (about international and culture) and then I ticked about it being for all ages and then I ticked about you can see his work but, I can't remember the 5th box I ticked at all...

I ticked them instead of doing vrai, surely they'll give me the marks?πŸ˜‚
Did they put anything in the translation to trip you up? :lol:

I got 33/35 last year in my essay this year the titles were HORRIBLE
'are winter sports for rich people'/'votiing for under 16s'/ 'marital traditions have no place in modern day society'/'to get a job its better to hve a uni degree than training'
The translation was easy
unless you didnt know what 'cou' or 'atelier' meant
LISTENING WAAS HORRIBLE
comprehension was ambiguous

basically a bad paper
Reply 59
Original post by _Charlotte15
I ticked them instead of doing vrai, surely they'll give me the marks?πŸ˜‚

I'm sure the question said tick the statements which are vrai anyway

Quick Reply

Latest