The Student Room Group

do you look and act your physical age?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 19, how old I act depends on who I'm with and where. I feel 17 at heart :redface:
I'm 16.

I look about 15 by my face only, but as soon as people see my height I look more like a 12 year old.
Honestly.

On the other hand, I act like a 40 year old man who's realised he has no fun in his life anymore. Basically, it takes A LOT to make me properly come out of the moral, introverted, slightly egotistical but relaxed person I am and into this outgoing person.

But I really do not look, nor do I act, like my age.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'm 16, but people think I look like I'm in Year 8..

Spoiler

I know exactly how you feel!
Reply 23

Spoiler

Original post by Indeterminate
21 and a few months ago (when I was clean shaven) I got asked for ID when going to see an 18+ film :colondollar: That's why I've got a beard now (think I look better with one anyway) :u:

And I get told that I act like someone in their mid-20s :lol:

beards do tend to make people look older, in a good way though :smile: Suprisngly seeing 18's is the only time i dont end up getting id'd
Definitely look younger but think I act my age!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle
I'm 21, have been told that i look between 16 and 20 but act like someone in their mid to late twenties. (my friends used to call me a middle aged teenager)

What about you? :smile:

Now, you see...

Spoiler

I think that you're thinking that those people who're thinking that you;re thinking that you're 21 (see :tongue: ) that are thinking of this aren't those who're thinking of what i'm think. I think that you think you know what I think I mean, but I think that you don't think that! I think you'll find that you think it makes sense, though I don't think it does.

Make sense?
Reply 27
damn am I gonna reported for posting nipples @TSR
Original post by Guls

Spoiler

Original post by TeenPolyglot
I know exactly how you feel!

Is it the same thing for you, then? :lol:
Am 17 but look a lot younger. Can be a blessing and a curse :redface:
Original post by eden3
LOL :laugh: That's true, and there are some guys I look at thinking how did these lot make it to uni :tongue:

Whenever I've met older guys from sports and they've gotten to know me after while, they usually think I'm a postgrad student. Then I'm like "No mate, I'm actually first year undergraduate" :colondollar: They still treat me the same though, which is nice.

I have to admit, although i lived with third years for a bit there were points (especially with some of their werid cooking methods) where i wondered how someone in their 20's couldnt do that.

I guess i d take them believing you to be mature for your age to be a compliment.
I'm 16 but people think I am 12 or 13 as I am only 150cm tall :frown: . I really do hope I act my age
Reply 32
Physical age? As opposed to metaphysical age?
I'm 16

but I look older rip
so tall

it sucks

People expect me to be more mature *shrug*
I'm 22, if I have a clean shave I look about 9 but when I have my beard going people say I look about 25... as for feeling my age, I don't feel my age at all I honestly feel like I haven't aged since turning 17/18 lol
nope
im 16 but look like a 12 year old and with act..
it depends on who im with tbh, only my closest friends know how i really am ((and that's only two people))
Reply 36
Original post by claireestelle
I have to admit, although i lived with third years for a bit there were points (especially with some of their werid cooking methods) where i wondered how someone in their 20's couldnt do that.

I guess i d take them believing you to be mature for your age to be a compliment.

Yeah, maybe laziness just comes into play with that and they don't grow out of old habits.

And for sure I take it as a compliment :smile:
I think a lot of people have told me that on here. It just proves my point. :lol:

I'm afraid it does, i did mean it as a compliment though.

Original post by Hrdee
I'll often be very mature about situations that somebody in my age group typically has no business being in, also I can get easily annoyed at people for doing things incorrectly, almost as if they were my own child. That's mainly just an annoying habit of mine.

I chose 40 specifically, because I always feel exactly like my father who - guess what - is 40.

So you're a bit of a perfectionist then? I get what you mean,used to mention things like interest rates as a teenager and my friends had no clue what i was on about:P

Original post by SeanFM
I'm 19, how old I act depends on who I'm with and where. I feel 17 at heart :redface:

why two years younger at heart? dont quite want to be an adult yet?:P

Original post by mobbsy91
Now, you see...

Spoiler

I think that you're thinking that those people who're thinking that you;re thinking that you're 21 (see :tongue: ) that are thinking of this aren't those who're thinking of what i'm think. I think that you think you know what I think I mean, but I think that you don't think that! I think you'll find that you think it makes sense, though I don't think it does.

Make sense?

Kind of... but i m not thinking it, people have physically told me what they believe my age to be, its that annoying sentence "oh i thought you were 17, you dont look 21" or "you speak like you're 25, you cant be 21".
I'm 16, but people think I look like I'm in Year 8..

Spoiler

you're only 16?! Wow lmao
im 18 and i look 25 lMAO

do i act 18? depends on how drunk i be

Quick Reply

Latest