Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    My plan is to be studying computer science at King's - when I went to their open day, I completely forgot about asking this when I was there:

    Are we allowed to take (borrow) hardware?

    I'm really interested in virtual reality, and I will be living at home (On the outskirts of London) therefore not in a dorm 'fairly' close to the UNI and wondered would I be able to take a piece of hardware home i.e. Oculus Rift/HTC Vive or graphics cards etc. Obviously I would return said hardware once I have finished 'studying' it.

    I know KCL in particular have relations to Oculus, as it was one of their business partners when I went to the open day.

    I guess this applies to all russell group UNI's, as they're probably all organised in the same way. My backup UNI allows taking hardware home, so long as you live on campus - which is unfortunate as I will be living from home (it's only a 15 minute drive away, so hopefully they make an exception) - However, I approximately live 40 mins away from KCL.

    Please let me know,
    All the best,
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.