Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm staying in the city at which I study (York) over summer, and am looking for a summer job here.
    However, I've never had a job before so am a little apprehensive/unsure about it all.
    I'm alright with searching for jobs, but I'm unsure as to what I should be looking for with regards to the time span of the work. I'm looking for a job up till the middle of August, and stopping after that. Does anyone know what/how I should be looking for that?
    Thanks
    P.S-Apologies for the vagueness, but I don't really know how to word this

ReputationRep:
    Just apply for positions and see what you get, the actual getting a job process is long itself can take upto 4-6 weeks and you can leave whenever you like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Just apply for positions and see what you get, the actual getting a job process is long itself can take upto 4-6 weeks and you can leave whenever you like..
    Are you sure you can leave whenever you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1lvink)
    Are you sure you can leave whenever you like?
    Depends on the company.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.com..
    sh*t changed my life.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.