The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

EPIC

[video="youtube;9roEeGp16lA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9roEeGp16lA[/video]
Original post by Fizzel
Not sure about that. I mean we aren't developing players but we're all still hoping to sign the next Griezmann. The aim is to sign the WC players without having to pay for them like we did with Pogba, even if we are signing £30-40m players if our scouting network can get them at the club before they become £70m players that we have to fight it out with Real. Wouldn't really describe someone like Bailly as off the shelf, but cheaper and evidently more successful than trying for the likes of Ramos for example.

I agree with Louis. thought, I still feel we are lacking goals in the side. How many of those players are actually going to be break 10 goals this season in the league? Not sure about Rooney though, he's hardly been prolific of late and now he's losing penalty duties too. Obviously risky but I've felt from the start we need to ensure Zlatan has the service. He can return 20 goals this season but only if he's the focal point.

Yea don't get me wrong, you still have to sign the player before another big club can (which is why there is a bit of a race and some youngsters get snapped up very young) but take Bailley for example - you wouldn't take the risk on signing him from Espanyol B but once he's gotten games and developed at Valencia, you moved in for him. You didn't pick up Depay early but let PSV develop him before you moved in.

Do you really need so many impressive scouts to be able to tell you if a player at a good club is good or not? Atletico would often scour South America for the next best talent.
Saw the Pogba assist for the Martial goal last night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Saw the Pogba assist for the Martial goal last night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Martial's run was unreal
Mad assist even though I think it was initially meant for G-rude
Original post by swirly
Martial's run was unreal
Yeah was a bit of a fluke but its right place right time stuff which is the kind of movement he really needs to add to his game. Looking to get inside his man and in the box, even if the ball hadn't run through. Its more of that kind of stuff he's going to need to add before he can be considered at 9.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
If you're picking a best XI for us, Rashford right now is one of the first names on the teamsheet, no questions asked.
I'd prefer us to keep Rashford out of the starting line up tbh. I like the way his game is developing and one of the best things about as people keep saying is the lack of fear, he's direct and takes chances. By coming on later, he's not got the same responsibility as playing the 90, we're either hunting for a goal and he can go nuts, or Zlatan and co have already done the business and there is less pressure. I don't think playing 70 mins of maintaining position and tracking back, to be replaced by Depay/Martial at 60mins is the best thing for his game. Jose wants 90 mins of disciple, and that isn't the trait that makes 18 year old strikers great. You can see with Hazard, even when a player is that good and that crucial, Jose wants the responsibility in their game even if it comes at a cost. I don't want to see that spark extinguished becuase he's focusing on not getting subbed, and 3 years from now we've got a British version of Valencia.

but why :rofl:
Reply 2728
And it begins.

Also http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10562045/n8217golo-kante-reveals-man-utd-attempted-to-sign-him-prior-to-chelsea-move

Think he would have just played alongside Pogba. Wouldn't be full of giants anymore but you'd have a better DM to play with.
(edited 7 years ago)

They're getting free tickets and hospitality for something their grandfather did, they have no right to complain lol
Original post by bammy jastard 27
And it begins.

Also http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10562045/n8217golo-kante-reveals-man-utd-attempted-to-sign-him-prior-to-chelsea-move

Think he would have just played alongside Pogba. Wouldn't be full of giants anymore but you'd have a better DM to play with.

On paper, just imagine a 433 with Pogba, Kante and Schneiderlin :coma:

Also lol at being such a cuck he chose Chelsea over United.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
They're getting free tickets and hospitality for something their grandfather did, they have no right to complain lol

But the plaque too?

I guess you guys do want to replace gold with plastic so it makes sense :lol:

What so his granddaughters' children's children are going to get free access too? They have to cut it off at some point.
I hate football clickbait. Facebook today "Top Man United defender out for 5 weeks" - click on it, it's Eric Bailly, who'll be out for 5 weeks for AFCON, in January, FFS.
Yeah we lost out on Kante and had to settle for Pogba. ****ing Mourinho. Sack him.
Reply 2735
More like you lost out on Kante and got stuck with Fellaini tbh.
Original post by That Bearded Man
I hate football clickbait. Facebook today "Top Man United defender out for 5 weeks" - click on it, it's Eric Bailly, who'll be out for 5 weeks for AFCON, in January, FFS.

That could really throw your season off, if he cements his place as a starting CB like I think he will.

January is a tough, tough month, with the league, fa cup, and possible league cup fixtures, and the Christmas fatigue kicking in.

To lose a starting player at the point is far from ideal, regardless of how much depth you have in the position.
Original post by swirly
That could really throw your season off, if he cements his place as a starting CB like I think he will.

January is a tough, tough month, with the league, fa cup, and possible league cup fixtures, and the Christmas fatigue kicking in.

To lose a starting player at the point is far from ideal, regardless of how much depth you have in the position.

Depends on what happens with Smalling. I hoped before the season to see Smalling/Bailly as our main CB combo (Bailly LCB) with Blind considered as a CDM option beside Pogba. Bailly will be our best defender but we could manage with Smalling/Blind/TFM. Arguably a good reason to go for Fonte, but what a waste to have Smalling/Blind/Bailly/Fonte all at the club and rotating this early.

We'll miss Bailly big time, but this was to be expected, Liverpool will miss Mane, Iheanacho could be a miss for City too. Leicester will lose Musa and Slimani. Spurs might suffer without Wanyama.

We're the big losers true, but we'll cope.
Highly doubt Mou wanted Kante and Pogba since he said he wanted 4 players this summer from early. He probably half heartedly tried to make Kante his back-up option to Pogba with Kante being aware of that
Might have wanted 4 but if a guy like Kante is available you don't pass it up.

How Rooney starts for club and country is a myth.
(edited 7 years ago)