The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
Scoring 1 in 2 in the PL and already capped for England vs yet to make his debut for his Ligue 2 team and not even reached the France U21s doesn't seem much of a competition

The difference is opportunity my friend. One has the opportunity to play for a global club and showcase his skill on a global stage while the other plays in a league where the following is no where near as great. Again it's a bold claim to make because they are many factors.

Edit: It's just like Martial, when he played for Monaco sure he was seen as a "talent" but no one really knew of him (when we signed him) and how good he was....then he came to Utd a club with a much higher global presence and now look
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by trapking
The difference is opportunity my friend. One has the opportunity to play for a global club and showcase his skill on a global stage while the other plays in a league where the following is no where near as great. Again it's a bold claim to make because they are many factors.

Ligue 2 and French U19s may not be the PL and senior internationals but it's hardly off the radar, if you're good enough at that level then big teams will be interested.
Bold claim but a fair one when you look at what Rashford has done. Probably the only player with comparable achievements is Donnarumma.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
Ligue 2 and French U19s may not be the PL and senior internationals but it's hardly off the radar, if you're good enough at that level then big teams will be interested.
Bold claim but a fair one when you look at what Rashford has done. I can't think of a single player 18 or under with comparable achievements, Donnarumma perhaps.

True but big teams were already looking at him (Liverpool & City being the most recent). Not denying that Rashford has good stats for his age though but all i'm saying is that there's other talents who are just as good that are also up and coming (just no one's paying attention to them because their in low crappy leagues with hardly any following) :smile:
Sanches is a shout but he turned 19 a couple of weeks ago.
Rashford looks excellent. His first test will be when he struggles with form. He's not really had that to contend with yet really

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if, Rashford, never struggles with form?

Spoiler

Original post by Rk2k14
Sanches is a shout but he turned 19 a couple of weeks ago.

IS HE 18 DOE
When Kenan starts shitposting

well no but that's not my point...

my point is it's a bold claim to say he's the best in the world and that no other players his age are as good :indiff:

Well, that's boring. Best not to speculate about anything then.
Wonder which City player Rashford will retire next.
Rashford is one of the best 18 year olds in the world right now and rightly so. Who else performed in a top league as well as he did at that age?
Hope we have a midfield pair of Herrera and Pogba this weekend.
has anyone seen the video of Zlatan sending a message to Caballero for the manchester derby? :lol:

Love it.
has anyone seen the video of Zlatan sending a message to Caballero for the manchester derby? :lol:

Love it.

You mean Bravo

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10568666/zlatan-ibrahimovic-taunts-claudio-bravo-ahead-of-manchester-derby
I'm so ****ing nervous

Can't see us losing but there's always that doubt inside of me when it's Liverpool or City. Trying not to make any bold predictons on twitter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaw
Rashford
Martial
Pogba
Bailly
De Gea

They are WELL angry
Saw something saying Mkhi is fit for the derby. Unlikely to start you would think but a nice option if he makes the bench. Certainly makes the prospect of Mata limping off injured 10mins in less of a nightmare.

Bit pessimistic but can't see us winning this end of the tie tbh. Think a loss is more likely but a draw is probably the most likely outcome, certainly would be a result I would take at this stage of the season.
Has anyone else got a ticket for the game tomorrow?
Hopefully we expose Pep Fraud-iola. Manchester is always red.

COME ON UTD!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't been this hyped since the 2012 Derby where Rio got pelted by a coin and his forehead was cut open and he tweeted Manchester is red.

Latest