Reply 3900
Mou aint gonna play a midfield 3 ffs.
Original post by bammy jastard 27

Remember when he was never going to drop Rooney

RIP
He's clearly unhappy with his options in that position as Mourinho's sides have traditionally had a big powerful DM. Schneiderlin seems like he's another example of a midtable player unable to make the step up to a big club, and Carrick's legs have completely gone (Which begs the question why was he given another contract?).

One of them simply has to start though because a Pogba & Herrera midfield two is just asking for a heavy defeat. We've been far too open against teams like Watford and Stoke, never mind a free flowing Liverpool team who can't stop scoring.

Our record at Anfield isn't great and i'd happily take a draw - not that that's likely to happen as United v Liverpool rarely ends in a draw. There hasn't been one in the league for years.
I think Fellaini and Herrera as the two with Pogba pretty much as the #10 is possible
It's clear Schneiderlin isn't favoured by Jose and he trusts Fellaini ahead of Carrick and Morgan so a three with Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba seems feasible despite the reservations of Fellaini having the discipline to stay in that role. Mourinho will look to be very physical against them IMO, won't be surprised if there's a red card tbh.

Rooney dropped by Southgate for tomorrow. Easy for the manager to do now than Malta but have to give Rooney credit for speaking up at the press conference. Spoke well but can't help but think he made a mistake not retiring from internationals in the summer, it would have given him more of a chance to rest and be involved in the mix at United. Now he's constantly under the microscope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3906
Original post by Dirtybit
Remember when he was never going to drop Rooney

Rooney will be put back into the team though.
I think we'll play the same team which played Leicester, Liverpool wont play 10 behind the ball like other team so hopefully we will get the chance to create more, Im hoping for Martial and Rashford to start so that we can hit them on the break with Mata/Pogba/Herrera playing the through balls :smile: We should play Martial whichever side Moreno plays because I reckon he'll take him to the cleaners :redface:
I think if Martial and Rashford both start, it should always be Martial on the left and Rashford on the right
Everyone knows the signature Martial finish. If you know where it ends you know where it begins.

Moreno hasn't exactly been in favour anyway its been Milner at LB and Clyne at RB.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think we'll play the same team which played Leicester, Liverpool wont play 10 behind the ball like other team so hopefully we will get the chance to create more, Im hoping for Martial and Rashford to start so that we can hit them on the break with Mata/Pogba/Herrera playing the through balls :smile: We should play Martial whichever side Moreno plays because I reckon he'll take him to the cleaners :redface:

I agree it'll be a more open game but you can't forget that you'll have less of the ball due to our pressing game and your defence will also be under significantly more pressure.

I agree you should play Martial, but Milner is our LB and he has been bloody fantastic so far in that position. He kept both Willian and Mahrez quiet in some important games so he shouldn't be underestimated.

All in all, I think we're currently playing the better football and we "should" win at Anfield, but against Manchester United managed by Mourinho? Can't call it.
Rashford's gonna tear Milner a new one.
You just know that felliani is going to play.... FFS!
We will probably play.

De Gea
Valencia Bailey Smailling Shaw
Herrera Felliani
Pogba
Rashford Martial
Ibra

What makes you think Moreno is going to play when Milner has been starting over him since the first PL game?
Original post by samir12
What makes you think Moreno is going to play when Milner has been starting over him since the first PL game?

Error in judgement
Original post by Lúcio
I agree it'll be a more open game but you can't forget that you'll have less of the ball due to our pressing game and your defence will also be under significantly more pressure.

I agree you should play Martial, but Milner is our LB and he has been bloody fantastic so far in that position. He kept both Willian and Mahrez quiet in some important games so he shouldn't be underestimated.

All in all, I think we're currently playing the better football and we "should" win at Anfield, but against Manchester United managed by Mourinho? Can't call it.

Yeah your pressing will give us problems like City's but if we have Mata, Herrera and Pogba we can counter that in intervals with quick passing to find space.

Agree about Milner but genuine pace will give anyone a problem :smile:

Yeah thats what makes these derby games so fun, form goes out of the window and its about who plays better on the day!
Yeah your pressing will give us problems like City's but if we have Mata, Herrera and Pogba we can counter that in intervals with quick passing to find space.

Agree about Milner but genuine pace will give anyone a problem :smile:

Yeah thats what makes these derby games so fun, form goes out of the window and its about who plays better on the day!

We're certainly far from invincible and the fact we haven't kept a clean sheet all season says it all really. You'll score for sure - I'm betting through a set piece - so for us it's whether or not we play well enough to get more goals. If we pay anything like we have done against the likes of Arsenal/Leicester/Hull/Chelsea, you won't stand a chance.

Lack of pace can definitely be compensated for by positioning, however with how attacking Milner is, it's important he doesn't get caught out of position.

Tbh it might not even be who plays "better" per se. We'll only win the game if we play superior football but it's very possible that we could dominate possession and chances, yet be denied continuously by DDG and still lose 1-0 to a scrappy goal from a corner.
Reply 3918
Mourinho used to start Mikel in these type of games and he doesn't want to play Schneiderlin? **** don't make sense.

Not sure on who will win tbh. I reckon a high scoring draw personally.
Mourinho used to start Mikel in these type of games and he doesn't want to play Schneiderlin? **** don't make sense.

Not sure on who will win tbh. I reckon a high scoring draw personally.
Morgan must just being doing something horrendous in training. Poch made a bid for him this summer too, so clearly having working with him doesn't see him as a midtable player who can't make the step up. Clearly just isn't doing what Jose wants from him, but do feel he's the kind of player Jose could stumble across later on in the season.

I think we're going to get spanked tbh. Everyone saw what happened in the first half against City, I think we could well struggle in a similar manner. Team isn't the finished product, haven't even hit the ground running with this season's iteration. Just feel the flaws in this team are going to be exposed best by teams like City, Spurs and Liverpool.

Latest