The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
He just came back from injury.

Do you guys expect him to play 2 full games in the space of a few days.

Rather rest Martial in a league cup game and start him in one where it actually has significance.

Well how do you expect him to gain fitness back if he isn't even able to come off the bench and get minutes on the pitch? Mourinho said last Wednesday he was fit and training but we still haven't seen him. Surely yesterday would of been ideal for him to get some minutes, as you said the PL games has more significance so you ideally want him fitter for those games rather than starting unfit.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4581
Original post by Lúcio
See who drawing - United or City?
United at home to Burnley and City away to West Brom.

A draw for both sides isn't out of the question really...

United
Closet city fans on here again, defending them when they lose.
3rd game in 6 days for a lot of the players whereas Burnley will put 10 men behind the ball, has 0-0 written all over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone's Predictions for the Man United v West ham game ? :smile:
Original post by sr90
3rd game in 6 days for a lot of the players whereas Burnley will put 10 men behind the ball, has 0-0 written all over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true!

Although I think Martial will probably come back in which could make a difference. Also Mata didn't play 90 minutes v Chelsea so he will probably come back into the starting XI. I think Rooney will probably start.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I reckon you'll beat them.
Burnley are impressive - especially at home - but you have the sheer physicality to beat them.

We struggled massively because we can't score from set pieces and Arsenal only got a controversial winner in the last minute.

They're good and they're organised but your quality should overcome them, especially at Old Trafford.
Depends what team Jose goes with. No need to put out a tired team when we have Martial and Mkhi who are fresh. Rooney should be available, and Lingard should still be pretty fresh. You could easily put out an entirely fresh front line if Jose wished.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Oh ****, it's ****ing Kevmeister.

Thoughts on Mourinho and Pogba.

Thought more appropriate to reply here than that derby thread.

Mourinho seems puzzled and confused at the moment. Tactically great against Liverpool but completely at sea at Chelsea. He should drop Mike Smalling - he's a liability. I realise this is impossible now due to Bailly's injury and participation in AFCON in January. If we have funds a CB or two should be the priority.

Pogba? The team should be built around him; he's a great player, he proved that at Juve. However at the moment, he's being dropped into a system that doesn't suit him all the time. I think he'll come good.

Mkhi is not being given enough game time to show his worth....
Finally I think he will give Mkhitaryan half hour tomorrow if the game is secured and start him next week in the Europa League. Wouldn't mind Rashford given a break, feel he's not been as effective lately.

Hopeful words from Koeman re: bringing Rooney back to Goodison Park and with the investment of Moshiri makes it a possibility yet they forked out £28m for Lukaku under Kenwright

P.S nice to see you pop in @Kevmeister

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Are United on Sky or BT?
I like the team.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Are United on Sky or BT?

Neither - I don't believe UK channels have the rights to show 3pm games since MOTD has it.

You might find an American stream though?
Are United on Sky or BT?

NBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are United on Sky or BT?

Original post by Dirtybit

Crops
Are we never going to find a good ****ing striker or what?
Reply 4597
You have two but they play as wingers...
Zlatan is starting to remind me of Van Persie in his final season here, especially with all these little fouls when the ball's played long to him
It pains me that Burnley are so **** and we aren't 3-0 up already.

Also, lingard is so uncreative and one dimensional I want to cry
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest