The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;OtMBo_K4Xrs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtMBo_K4Xrs[/video]

That pace from Rooney @ 3:10 is unreal.

Also a prime Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs and Scholes >>>>>>>>
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Just that it is possible to have a high paying job that you like.

Yeah but it's rare. In any case I'd take the higher paying job.

Most people will hate pretty much anything anyway (unless you're a PL footballer).
Original post by Louis.
Live footage as Luke continues desperately working out how to discredit that long ball table

510 long balls = anti football
478 long balls = total football

Upper and lower bounds of football mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Valencia extends his contract.

Been on fine form this season but interesting to see if he still starts next season. SemedoIN?
Jose should just buy Cuadrado again and never play him.

In all seriousness, Valencia is pretty easy to replace as a player. Bottom line he's a converted winger and he was a pretty one dimensional winger. It's the fact he's a ****ing tank that makes him so good in our system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but that's 32 long balls less than you even though we've played about 1500 total passes more...

Fellaini is a good plan B, but it's cheap and I think that's why people feel aggrieved.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah but that's 42 long balls less than you even though we've played about 1500 total passes more...

Fellaini is a good plan B, but it's cheap and I think that's why people feel aggrieved.
You sure about that maths. Its less than 2 passes a game ffs. As a percentage of the 10,000+ passes you're using one pass per game as a point of footballing principles.

It's not a particularly hard plan B to defend against if you are a competent team. Otherwise he'd be starter on the verge of a world record move to Madrid. A competent defence and he's ineffective, or a competent midfield and we can't afford a player with limited skill set. There is a reason he doesn't start for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Klopp doesn't know what a plan B is.

Reason why he's lost the last 5 finals he's been in.

But its cool tho because he has cool jumps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
You sure about that maths.

It's not a particularly hard plan B to defend against if you are a competent team. Otherwise he'd be starter on the verge of a world record move to Madrid. A competent defence and he's ineffective, or a competent midfield and we can't afford a player with limited skill set. There is a reason he doesn't start for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Strong editing of my post!

Well it is for a team who have mostly shorter players. Our team run around a great deal and have a lot of agility, however it means that we struggle defending against tall players.

We can rectify that slightly if we have Matip and Lovren playing as both are good in the air, but when the former isn't playing it's basically impossible to defend from a Fellaini plan B.

Klopp doesn't excel at in-game management, however there was literally nothing he could do on Sunday...

You can defend against pace by parking the bus, but it's very hard to defend against players who will simply beat you in the air.
Original post by Lúcio
I didn't edit your post, I just quoted it before you edited your mistake. On mobile but I'm guessing your post says it was edited anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should have did what Jose did to nullify the threat of Lukaku.

Get someone like Can who can hold his own and have him screening one of Fellaini/Zlatan. Wont work every time but it will deal with the aerial threat to an extent. To say Klopp couldn't do anything when it was clear what the tactic was is absurd. He's a PL manager ffs.
(edited 7 years ago)
If it were hard to defend against Peter Crouch wouldn't have scored 3 goals in the last 2 seasons.

Ignoring the fact this was only a viable tactic because we were playing Herrera in a 1 man midfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio

You sound so dumb saying this **** bro honestly. The main objective is to try and win the game obviously but the fact that it was getting late and we needed to avoid a loss at all cost then if you have the option to use an aerial threat from the bench, you will use that tactic.

The fact that you conceded late on is down to your poor defence which has been showcased many times this season already. I know you're going to pull out your little facts and say it was offside and "we have one of the best stats in the league for defending" doesn't change the fact that Liverpool are still fragile as hell.
Original post by Lúcio

Original post by Fizzel
I didn't edit your post, I just quoted it before you edited your mistake. On mobile but I'm guessing your post says it was edited anyway.

Lucio going full Donald Trump.
I think Liverpool did okay to nullify the aerial bombardment. Yes you were attacking a lot and looked to be creating but other than the offside staring goal, you didn't force Mignolet into many saves in the second half?

Klopp did well in the first half - we switched to a 4-4-2 (diamond) for the first time this season which allowed Lallana to sit on Carrick and nullify him. It's why he got taken off at half time despite usually being the one who makes you tick.

Old Trafford is a huge ground and our style meant, for once, I think our players tired themselves out with trying to cover so much ground. In particular, Can and Wijnaldum had to cover a lot of space compared to usual.

Mourinho obviously edged it tactically in the second half. I think if we had a full strength squad then we would've won more easily. Clyne is much better than TAA and Mane's pace would've helped us more on the counter - if anything he could've played the lone striker better than Firmino when we sat deep.

I still think it was a better point for us than you - mainly due to where you are in the table and how weak our squad was.
Original post by trapking
[video="youtube;OtMBo_K4Xrs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtMBo_K4Xrs[/video]

That pace from Rooney @ 3:10 is unreal.

Also a prime Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs and Scholes >>>>>>>>

This was my favourite season I can properly remember. 06/07 was also good fun and felt like a breakthrough, but 07/08 was when it all really clicked and the football we played was amazing. Back when Ronaldo was an exciting player who beat players rather than a pure goals machine, along with Rooney and Tevez buzzing around. Peak. Ronaldo was a bit stroppy by 08/09 and everything felt a bit more functional.

Original post by Fizzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another post explaining will probably do the job.

Somehow he has caught himself on the rod from that fishing picture he likes.

Original post by Zerforax
I still think it was a better point for us than you - mainly due to where you are in the table and how weak our squad was.

This is definitely true. Always feels good when you score lateish but really it was a missed opportunity to close the gap.

Who?

So anonymous he probably wouldn't even make it into a Man Utd trivia quiz.

Playing a grand total of 382 minutes in a league winning - yep he made all the difference.
Original post by Zerforax
Who?

So anonymous he probably wouldn't even make it into a Man Utd trivia quiz.

Playing a grand total of 382 minutes in a league winning - yep he made all the difference.

Buttner one.
Gerrard nil.
That's not really even a burn by Buttner there, he's actually implying that the top player Steven Gerrard doesn't even have much to show but that's not a measure of quality. Great players can win F ALL. All players with PL medals according to him are great players, not in itself a Gerrard burn.

Latest