The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think people are just a bit past the hype. Woodward has been trying to land a headline name now since SAF left. Its pretty much been admitted now we made a world record bid for Bale when he left Spurs, nothing to suggest this bid will be any different with our target off to Madrid.
Original post by Fizzel
I think people are just a bit past the hype. Woodward has been trying to land a headline name now since SAF left. Its pretty much been admitted now we made a world record bid for Bale when he left Spurs, nothing to suggest this bid will be any different with our target off to Madrid.

It has begun already, Di Marzio saying Real Madrid make contact with Juve for Pogba, but he does say the player has said he has a promise with United:tongue: Still think he is Madrid bound.
Can't wait for you to pay 100m for a player you released 4 years ago...
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Delete yourself.

It's a very good film, but it's not 'the best film ever', or even close to that. Be real yo'

Also, forget Pogba. We should have signed Thiago ffs, best midfielder since Didi calling it right now
Not on the BBC or Sky Sports. Not even trending on Twitter. It's not on.
Original post by Lúcio
Can't wait for you to pay 100m for a player you released 4 years ago...
Minor detail, we don't have him now. Also we didn't release him, that implies we didn't offer him a new deal and didn't want him anymore.

Original post by NathanW18
Not on the BBC or Sky Sports. Not even trending on Twitter. It's not on.
I've been following the Guardian for it, their journo's are pretty well connected in Italy. Not going to be a quiet deal, suits both United and Pogba's camp to ensure its not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Minor detail, we don't have him now. Also we didn't release him, that implies we didn't offer him a new deal and didn't want him anymore.

Not saying he's a bad player - he's bloody world class and would be a huge addition to your team.
I'm just saying it's funny...

Well you weren't exactly rushing to keep hold of him mate.

Grujic > Pogba anyway xx
Original post by Fizzel

Tbf we are a lot more financially powerful than 3/4 years ago and can actually match Madrid now when it comes to wages and fees
Yeah, your subreddit is as cancerous as Arsenal Twitter.

Idgaf if it's all 'self-generated', United's spending if this goes through is henious and worse than Madrid tbh. You'll be spending over a million a week on wages on like 3 players ffs
Mkhi, Zlatan, Martial, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Smalling and DDG. Title winning team that.
State of Liverpool and City fans taking the mick bc of Pogba's price... They paid £36m for Mane and £49m for Sterling LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL tears in my eyes.
£100+mill on a CM. **** is hitting the fan.

Madrid doing what they always do.
They'll wait to see if he develops into the player we expect and then break the transfer record again. Paying that much for him now is a huge gamble and Perez is a clever fellow.
What a better time to reveal the new kit with Adidas's golden boy:biggrin:

Also, lol'd.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's a lot of hashtags.
Original post by sahil19
State of Liverpool and City fans taking the mick bc of Pogba's price... They paid £36m for Mane and £49m for Sterling LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL tears in my eyes.

£34m actually pal, and that's a very different number to £100m....

You're paying a world record transfer for a guy you released on a free.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469079985.895225.jpg
Pogba deal has as much, if not more to do with propping up Woodwards ego than it does about making us a better team. You'd think he would've learnt something from the di Maria deal but apparently not.
Original post by mojojojo101
Pogba deal has as much, if not more to do with propping up Woodwards ego than it does about making us a better team. You'd think he would've learnt something from the di Maria deal but apparently not.

There's no denying Pogba is absolutely world class though.

Sure he was inconsistent in the Euros but France were in general.
He has strength and unbelievable technique that means there's no doubt he'll be fine in the BPL.

Sometimes it's harder for wingers because perhaps the English game is more physical and they aren't used to it?
Original post by mojojojo101

Are we going to act like he isn't the last one of Mourinho's 4 main targets of the summer?
Original post by Lúcio
£34m actually pal, and that's a very different number to £100m....

You're paying a world record transfer for a guy you released on a free.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469079985.895225.jpg

Not saying much, but that's your best post for a while. Would rep.