Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i do m3/m4 if i do core maths and have already done m1 and going to do m2 Watch

ReputationRep:
    im confused as to whether you need further maths or pure maths for m3/m4/m5 because i would like to do these modules

ReputationRep:
    What about M2 though ?
    No you don't need Further pure modules to do m3 or m4 however you don't get an as level because you would have to do one further pure module in order to get an AS for further maths.
    Hope that made sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it spends what exam board you're with. I know that for OCR there are specific combinations you have to take but it might be different if you're with a different exam board. Here are the combinations for OCR.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  83.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blck&burgundy)
    What about M2 though ?
    No you don't need Further pure modules to do m3 or m4 however you don't get an as level because you would have to do one further pure module in order to get an AS for further maths.
    Hope that made sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So FP1 + M3 + M4 is a whole A-level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abb97)
    So FP1 + M3 + M4 is a whole A-level?
    No that would be an AS level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abb97)
    im confused as to whether you need further maths or pure maths for m3/m4/m5 because i would like to do these modules
    You can study them if you want, you can take the exams if you want but to complete a qualification you would need to also take FP1 that would combine with your 2 best results to make a further maths AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abb97)
    For edexcel M3; mainly c1-c4 + m1 and m2 will be built upon. you will integrate and differentiate for quite a few chapters.
    for M4: Fp2 is required as you will be doing 2nd order differential equations plus c1-c4 and m1-m3
    idk abt m5

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.