Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if i change my mind after results day then will i be able to apply to primary teaching courses ,even though i have no experience in primary classrooms

ReputationRep:
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing??

ReputationRep:
    bad as i really wanna do primary teaching but didnt get in as i had no work experience so i now have to do a course which my hearts not really set on
    LostGirlOnTheRun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annonoymous1998)
    bad as i really wanna do primary teaching but didnt get in as i had no work experience so i now have to do a course which my hearts not really set on
    LostGirlOnTheRun
    Do some volunteering at a local school-but u need a DBS Check...but u can get that for free if u r a volunteer-otherwise u have to pay I think £12..

ReputationRep:
    i wont have any time as i finish my exams and then primary schools start closing,so hmmmm abit confused LostGirlOnTheRun

ReputationRep:
    i wont have any time as i finish my exams and then primary schools start closing,so hmmmm abit confused LostGirlOnTheRun
    No-I'm sure that you're exams should finish in June right?? And then you'll still have a month...

ReputationRep:
    but idk im confused,also want to go into social work too,too early for me to decide !! LostGirlOnTheRun

ReputationRep:
    but idk im confused,also want to go into social work too,too early for me to decide !! LostGirlOnTheRun
    yeh but u should still do the volunteering at a school-as it shows that you have a background of actually working with kids-and you can get a reference like this as well...

No. Primary teaching is competitive and they want people with experience. Plus, you have to interview for it, pass qts checks etc. It's not an easy course to get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    No. Primary teaching is competitive and they want people with experience. Plus, you have to interview for it, pass qts checks etc. It's not an easy course to get on.
    My aunty (1.5 years older than me) chose primary school teaching as a degree course, without any experience. I think uni provides "on the job" training essentially

Age is relevant as it's not like she did this course yonks ago. It's relatively recent.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.