Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

So my housemate and I have just looked at a property we both really like and are going to have a bid on when we get the chance. Currently it has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of F so rather bad.... If we do get it what are the things we can do to make it better? And if so how much would it be cost effective? as we only plan to stay there for a couple of years?

Im dont know what the landlord will let us do yet, but does anyone have any cheap and easy solutions that could help?

Also if you live in Plymouth please message me!! we need a 3rd housemate!

Matt
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mattr888)
    Hi guys

So my housemate and I have just looked at a property we both really like and are going to have a bid on when we get the chance. Currently it has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of F so rather bad.... If we do get it what are the things we can do to make it better? And if so how much would it be cost effective? as we only plan to stay there for a couple of years?

Im dont know what the landlord will let us do yet, but does anyone have any cheap and easy solutions that could help?

Also if you live in Plymouth please message me!! we need a 3rd housemate!

Matt
    Most of the solutions to improving energy ratings are quite expensive such as putting insulation in the roof and putting in better windows, you can swap all the light bulbs but otherwise there's not much you can do really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.