Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell the girl I like how I feel? I may never see her again. Watch

ReputationRep:
    To cut to the point, I really like this girl in my A2classes but I don’t know whether to tell her or not.

Now for some more depth... I only met this girl in Septemberbut over the course of the last 9 months my feelings for her have developed tremendously.We’re in the same classes for 2 A Levels and in one of them we sit together andtalk to each other most of the lesson. Her social media presence is definitelya lot bigger than mine, and it seems as though she could have anyone she wants.I don’t want to sound like a jerk, however, she isn’t the skinniest orprettiest (even though she is really good looking), but that doesn’t matter tome because I honestly think she’s beautiful, I’m just trying to paint a pictureof the type of girl she is. She is smart, funny, sarcastic, beautiful, successful(she runs her own small business at only 19) and most of all, always puts asmile on my face. I always try flirting with her and I seem to make her laugh.I can tell she likes me but I’m not sure if it’s as a friend. She engages inconversation and seems genuinely interested/ concerned about what I have tosay. I can see that much in the way she looks at me. I haven’t had a girlfriendin a couple of years and so I’m not very good at seeing any signs she might begiving me (that she likes me or that she doesn’t). She has told me however thatI distract her (not in a bad way) and that she does more work if I’m not in thelesson. I’ve thought about the possibility of getting together with her a lotbut it always seems too good to be true until recently someone in my classrandomly came up to me and was asking what was going on between us. I replied “nothing”but confessed my feelings for this girl, to which she replied “I knew it!”. Sheis convinced that this girl is always flirting with me, but again, I find ithard to read the signs. My car broke down about 2 months ago, and as she livesnear me, she offered to drive me to and from college every day for about 2weeks.

Recently, I hadn’t been to my classes in about 3 weeks(personal problems) and hadn’t messaged her or seen her in the same time frame.I saw her this week and she seemed happy to see me. The problem is that I havejust decided to pull out of college and re-sit the year (again, personal problems),meaning I don’t have to attend any more classes until September. This beingsaid, I went to see her after everything was finalised but she was with herfriends. She’s going to university in September and so as I was about to leaveshe said “have a good life/ enjoy your life”. This hit me really hard because Irealised I may never see her again.

With her university being about 30 minutes from where I livethe possibility of sustaining a relationship with her would be high (I think). Thequestion is: do I tell her how I really feel or risk regretting not doing so?Is it worth the embarrassment of being rejected? Do you think she does like me,or am I just trying to believe she does? Should I ask her out for a meal and afilm or coffee etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the longpost, I just want to paint a full picture of my situation.

I'd say **** it yolo. If she rejects you at least you won't have any regrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DefinitelyNotTom)
    To cut to the point, I really like this girl in my A2classes but I don’t know whether to tell her or not.

Now for some more depth... I only met this girl in Septemberbut over the course of the last 9 months my feelings for her have developed tremendously.We’re in the same classes for 2 A Levels and in one of them we sit together andtalk to each other most of the lesson. Her social media presence is definitelya lot bigger than mine, and it seems as though she could have anyone she wants.I don’t want to sound like a jerk, however, she isn’t the skinniest orprettiest (even though she is really good looking), but that doesn’t matter tome because I honestly think she’s beautiful, I’m just trying to paint a pictureof the type of girl she is. She is smart, funny, sarcastic, beautiful, successful(she runs her own small business at only 19) and most of all, always puts asmile on my face. I always try flirting with her and I seem to make her laugh.I can tell she likes me but I’m not sure if it’s as a friend. She engages inconversation and seems genuinely interested/ concerned about what I have tosay. I can see that much in the way she looks at me. I haven’t had a girlfriendin a couple of years and so I’m not very good at seeing any signs she might begiving me (that she likes me or that she doesn’t). She has told me however thatI distract her (not in a bad way) and that she does more work if I’m not in thelesson. I’ve thought about the possibility of getting together with her a lotbut it always seems too good to be true until recently someone in my classrandomly came up to me and was asking what was going on between us. I replied “nothing”but confessed my feelings for this girl, to which she replied “I knew it!”. Sheis convinced that this girl is always flirting with me, but again, I find ithard to read the signs. My car broke down about 2 months ago, and as she livesnear me, she offered to drive me to and from college every day for about 2weeks.

Recently, I hadn’t been to my classes in about 3 weeks(personal problems) and hadn’t messaged her or seen her in the same time frame.I saw her this week and she seemed happy to see me. The problem is that I havejust decided to pull out of college and re-sit the year (again, personal problems),meaning I don’t have to attend any more classes until September. This beingsaid, I went to see her after everything was finalised but she was with herfriends. She’s going to university in September and so as I was about to leaveshe said “have a good life/ enjoy your life”. This hit me really hard because Irealised I may never see her again.

With her university being about 30 minutes from where I livethe possibility of sustaining a relationship with her would be high (I think). Thequestion is: do I tell her how I really feel or risk regretting not doing so?Is it worth the embarrassment of being rejected? Do you think she does like me,or am I just trying to believe she does? Should I ask her out for a meal and afilm or coffee etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the longpost, I just want to paint a full picture of my situation.
    The exact same thing is going on with me i know how u feel bro

I'd say do it because at least you won't have any regrets.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    First, fix your space button.

Next, are you prepared to risk the friendship? It's hard to stay friends after confessing feelings to someone. She may say no, she may say yes... We can't tell if she likes you romantically but you do seem close enough to take it further. Having said that, it's been 9 months in which you haven't made a move yet. You could well have been 'friendzoned' by this period or maybe she is waiting for you to ask her out.

From personal experience, I think you should think about it first and then make a decision. I've been there and it flopped and ended up losing a good friend. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but if you really want to know the only way is to ask I'm afraid. Not asking will just leave you not knowing and regretting it for your whole life

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.