Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One of my sisters just sleepwalked!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like 5 minutes ago she just gets out of bed and comes up to me and I'm asking her what's wrong and speaking to her like normal, remove my ****ing headphones!

She won't answer so I stand the **** up and ask her again she's slurring but she looks ****ing awake and she goes, "I have to throw it out"!

I ask her what, she goes, "this little piece of plastic" and makes an okay sign with her fingers!

So I said, what, there's no plastic?! And my mum is sitting there like :|

so she tells my sister to go throw it out and my other sister and one of my brothers just sit there like :indiff:

and we all silently watch her go throw out NOTHING!

And she doesn't realise she threw out nothing and she goes back to bed and now shes fast asleep again so we all tried not to laugh!?

I didn't know she did that so I said we should see someone because what if she gets up and leaves the house?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm googling this ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Like 5 minutes ago she just gets out of bed and comes up to me and I'm asking her what's wrong and speaking to her like normal, remove my ****ing headphones!

She won't answer so I stand the **** up and ask her again she's slurring but she looks ****ing awake and she goes, "I have to throw it out"!

I ask her what, she goes, "this little piece of plastic" and makes an okay sign with her fingers!

So I said, what, there's no plastic?! And my mum is sitting there like :|

so she tells my sister to go throw it out and my other sister and one of my brothers just sit there like :indiff:

and we all silently watch her go throw out NOTHING!

And she doesn't realise she threw out nothing and she goes back to bed and now shes fast asleep again so we all tried not to laugh!?

I didn't know she did that so I said we should see someone because what if she gets up and leaves the house?!

Sleepwalking is perfectly normal when under stress, if the person is drunk,or taking sedative drugs, or if the person is sleep deprived.
    There are many medical conditions that trigger sleep walking like heart rhythm problems, nighttime seizures, apnea, restless leg syndrome or panic attacks.

Sleep walking if the happening is rare is perfectly normal but if it continues (as in like multiple times a night or multiple times a week for x amount of weeks) medical opinion is recommended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Sleepwalking is perfectly normal when under stress, if the person is drunk,or taking sedative drugs, or if the person is sleep deprived.
    There are many medical conditions that trigger sleep walking like heart rhythm problems, nighttime seizures, apnea, restless leg syndrome or panic attacks.

Sleep walking if the happening is rare is perfectly normal but if it continues (as in like multiple times a night or multiple times a week for x amount of weeks) medical opinion is recommended.
    Apparently she keeps doing it I didn't know everything that goes on, I do my own thing you know? :\ It just shocked me! lol Like I'm worried she'll unlock the door and walk in the street like it's weird. And my mum is soooo...Idk the word but doesn't take it srs so I said take her to a dr she was like. Said something so irrelevant and useless that I can't even rem. Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Apparently she keeps doing it I didn't know everything that goes on, I do my own thing you know? :\ It just shocked me! lol Like I'm worried she'll unlock the door and walk in the street like it's weird. And my mum is soooo...Idk the word but doesn't take it srs so I said take her to a dr she was like. Said something so irrelevant and useless that I can't even rem. Eugh.
    https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-di...s/sleepwalking

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.