Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will get a maintenance loan of £8000+ and I have no idea what kind of price range I should look for. I will probably have to rely on this loan, unless I get a part-time job. The accommodation prices range from around £4000+, £5000 and £6000. So, with the loan I will be receiving, what prices should I base my accommodation on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EzCher)
    I will get a maintenance loan of £8000+ and I have no idea what kind of price range I should look for. I will probably have to rely on this loan, unless I get a part-time job. The accommodation prices range from around £4000+, £5000 and £6000. So, with the loan I will be receiving, what prices should I base my accommodation on?
    That is a hell of a loan so you should be fine. You gotta do some calculations on how much you think you'll need for everything else, for example people generally say they allocate £25 per week for food etc, then consider extras you might need like transport (bus pass is free with accommodation though) and activities (I dunno like if you plan to gym 3x a week or s/t). I personally plan on allowing between £1000-£2000 to live off. It seems like you pretty much have the freedom to choose whichever accommodation you like with that kind of loan though.

Then its a case of whether you would prefer self-catered or catered, en suite or shared bathroom, or a studio and how big you want your room to be etc. You can look through the other threads to find out current students opinions on these different options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah22)
    That is a hell of a loan so you should be fine. You gotta do some calculations on how much you think you'll need for everything else, for example people generally say they allocate £25 per week for food etc, then consider extras you might need like transport (bus pass is free with accommodation though) and activities (I dunno like if you plan to gym 3x a week or s/t). I personally plan on allowing between £1000-£2000 to live off. It seems like you pretty much have the freedom to choose whichever accommodation you like with that kind of loan though.

Then its a case of whether you would prefer self-catered or catered, en suite or shared bathroom, or a studio and how big you want your room to be etc. You can look through the other threads to find out current students opinions on these different options.
    Thank you so much, that's a good idea. Thank you for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.