Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which Uni for MSC compter Sc .. International Student watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    Im about to complete my BSC Computing degree by the end of this month ... i wud prefer to get admission in a univerisity in Uk preferably in london for MSC computing .. i understand that the fee structure for international students is different and more costly... im looking for a good reputed university (though it may not be top ranked) with a fee structure bw 5000-6500 pounds if the course duration is for one year.. and 3500-4500 pounds if its a 2 year program...
    Also is it possible in to have work to afford ur studies i already have 2 year of relavent experience in my field ...

Can any one tell me which universities i shud apply to and if i do get admission in one what are my chances of surviving my studies over there

i would be glad if some one can help me out !!
    -amar

Universities you may like to consider which are know to have great departments (in no particular order)....

IC
    Edinburgh
    York
    Manchester
    Surrey
    Southampton

To be honest I don't know a great deal about the fee sturucture for international students so I can't really comment there. Maybe someone else has some experience of this... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    IC
    Edinburgh
    York
    Manchester
    Surrey
    Southampton

are these universities cosidered to be expensive or affordalbe for EU studnets ?? i know u dont know abt the non EU fee structure

(Original post by amarjamal)
    IC
    Edinburgh
    York
    Manchester
    Surrey
    Southampton

are these universities cosidered to be expensive or affordalbe for EU studnets ?? i know u dont know abt the non EU fee structure
    I think that IC is quite expensive I seem to remember someone mentioning around £10,000 for their comp for industry course)

Edinburgh and York are quite expensive also but I hear they both do a great deal in the way of bursaries and sponsorship for their students. You should parhaps look into this!!!

I wad told that Manchester is one of the more reasonably priced courses and they also do have university funded places (again I'm not sure for international student though).

ReputationRep:

here in pakistan there are a lot of add from universities such as middlesex, and
    greenwich universiy london, then the other day i saw a billboard of a uni name London Metropoliton University ...i aslo appeared before queen mary's university panel here

are these uni's any good ??

(Original post by amarjamal)

here in pakistan there are a lot of add from universities such as middlesex, and
    greenwich universiy london, then the other day i saw a billboard of a uni name London Metropoliton University ...i aslo appeared before queen mary's university panel here

are these uni's any good ??
    Of those I know that Middlesex is supposed to have very good computing facilities (though I've not visited to be honest). I believe that it is a newer university which some people and arguably employers feel are generally "lesser" than some of the long establised universities. I would however recommend looking into courses at Teeside and Sussex which IMHO have strong courses also. It might be helpful if you know what area of computer science you wanted to enhance you knowledge of?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    computer networks / networking and after that telecommunications ..
    but for now computer networks/networking !!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.