Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone sit the WJEC CH1 legacy paper today?

ReputationRep:
    I did! How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Not that bad...you guys..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dont leave blank)
    Not that bad...you guys..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I was doing it I thought it was going really badly, but once I came out and compared answers I think it was ok Did you get a postive or negative value for the Hess' law question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser_)
    When I was doing it I thought it was going really badly, but once I came out and compared answers I think it was ok Did you get a postive or negative value for the Hess' law question?
    I think I had negative...what about you..?

What bout the reaction we had to write (I think it NO with something) ..? Don't remember it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay, but I ran out of time so I rushed quite a few questions!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I had negative...what about you..?

What bout the reaction we had to write (I think it NO with something) ..? Don't remember it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I had negative too! I think I had something like 2NO + 2CO --> N2 + 2CO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser_)
    Yeah I had negative too! I think I had something like 2NO + 2CO --> N2 + 2CO2
    I forgot to balance the equation I think,.. i was rushing it

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the questions were nice, but I did not have much time at all. I skipped a few challenging questions to come back to, and then I didn't have any time at the end. I was shocked considering I could finish the practice questions in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a mad rush, and when I think back to the exam, I don't remember much of the questions. Anyone else feel this way? (Maybe it was just me that's not in exam mode yet!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoMcCartney)
    I thought that the questions were nice, but I did not have much time at all. I skipped a few challenging questions to come back to, and then I didn't have any time at the end. I was shocked considering I could finish the practice questions in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a mad rush, and when I think back to the exam, I don't remember much of the questions. Anyone else feel this way? (Maybe it was just me that's not in exam mode yet!)
    you're not alone...I am just hoping for a low grade boundaries now...what do you think grade boundaries will be for this one??

ReputationRep:
    you're not alone...I am just hoping for a low grade boundaries now...what do you think grade boundaries will be for this one??
    Me too. I'm not too worried as I got a decent grade last year, just wanted to bump it up a bit. It is just a little frustrating as I spent so much time trying to recap my knowledge on the course. I was so confident!
    What went wrong?!

Hmm... I think it will go either way: it will either be high because most people taking it are all A2 chemistry students (so they expect us to do well), or it will be low because the questions were a bit more "alternative" the the past few years.
    Looking back, most of the boundaries are around 57/58 for an A. That's do-able, right?
    No worries now. It's all over - just study hard for the rest of the exams to come. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoMcCartney)
    Me too. I'm not too worried as I got a decent grade last year, just wanted to bump it up a bit. It is just a little frustrating as I spent so much time trying to recap my knowledge on the course. I was so confident!
    What went wrong?!

Hmm... I think it will go either way: it will either be high because most people taking it are all A2 chemistry students (so they expect us to do well), or it will be low because the questions were a bit more "alternative" the the past few years.
    Looking back, most of the boundaries are around 57/58 for an A. That's do-able, right?
    No worries now. It's all over - just study hard for the rest of the exams to come. Good luck!
    yh, thanks and the same to you..

ReputationRep:
    any unofficial mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone resit ch2? How did you find it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.