Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Daz, you'll be fine! - with a course like dentistry you're with the same people on your course alot due to the hours of contact time, and because they're aren't module choices like on other courses, so its easy to get to know people well in a short space of time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too worried about Uni and making friends - I'm usually good at it, being a loud mouth (so every1 keeps telling me!)
    One thing I am worried about though is that you don't know who you are going to be put with regarding accomadation! They could be really nice but on the other hand they could be total weirdos :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    I'm not too worried about Uni and making friends - I'm usually good at it, being a loud mouth (so every1 keeps telling me!)
    One thing I am worried about though is that you don't know who you are going to be put with regarding accomadation! They could be really nice but on the other hand they could be total weirdos :eek:
    Don't worry about it too much, you can always change your accommodation after a month or so if you really don't enjoy it. If you're in a big flat chances are you'll end up with someone slightly weird. I shared with 15 other people last year and we had some odd moments:

in the second term one of my flatmates had his door broken when another decided to headbutt it while drunk - he has to spend the entire next day guarding his room until someone came to screw it back on. In the third term the guys in my flat had a waterfight in the kitchen and the whole tower (16 floors) had to be evacuated at 2 in the morning after the water got in the toster and tripped the fire alarm.

Ah good times ...

ReputationRep:
    you guys are amazing..... thanks

if i get AAB i'll be off to manchester ( but i wont get an A in physics, i'm pretty sure of that )

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome

... and don't worry; you'll be fine, everyone will be in the same boat. As for keeping up with the course, I guess it goes without saying that you've got to work hard, but that doesn't mean you can't play hard too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Don't worry about it too much, you can always change your accommodation after a month or so if you really don't enjoy it. If you're in a big flat chances are you'll end up with someone slightly weird. I shared with 15 other people last year and we had some odd moments:

in the second term one of my flatmates had his door broken when another decided to headbutt it while drunk - he has to spend the entire next day guarding his room until someone came to screw it back on. In the third term the guys in my flat had a waterfight in the kitchen and the whole tower (16 floors) had to be evacuated at 2 in the morning after the water got in the toster and tripped the fire alarm.

Ah good times ...
    Oh my god! I've been warned about fire alarms going off...in the early hrs! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    im living at home so its gonna be mega hard for me to make friends

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! I've been warned about fire alarms going off...in the early hrs! :eek:

oh hell yes... grrr... i'm still fuming about them... especially the day it was 3:30am, the only night i'd decided to stay in n get some sleep, it was absolutely pissing it down n some 'funny' bugger set it off for a laugh. i was so tired i didn't realise what was happening, so i just turned over until security came banging on the door, burst in to tell me to get outside n off i stumbled half asleep into the rain to join everyone only to realise i'm only wearing a t-shirt *blushes at the thought*

thats one thing i don't miss about living in halls

ReputationRep:
    I would just stay in bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I would just stay in bed
    yeah, thats what one of our flat mates did - he'd broken his leg, and couldn't be arsed to hobble down the stairs :rolleyes: good job it was only a drill - AT 4.50AM IN THE BLOODY MORNING!!!!! We did stay up to watch the sun rise tho

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.