This discussion is closed.
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Daz, you'll be fine! - with a course like dentistry you're with the same people on your course alot due to the hours of contact time, and because they're aren't module choices like on other courses, so its easy to get to know people well in a short space of time.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not too worried about Uni and making friends - I'm usually good at it, being a loud mouth (so every1 keeps telling me!)
One thing I am worried about though is that you don't know who you are going to be put with regarding accomadation! They could be really nice but on the other hand they could be total weirdos :eek:
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
I'm not too worried about Uni and making friends - I'm usually good at it, being a loud mouth (so every1 keeps telling me!)
One thing I am worried about though is that you don't know who you are going to be put with regarding accomadation! They could be really nice but on the other hand they could be total weirdos :eek:
Don't worry about it too much, you can always change your accommodation after a month or so if you really don't enjoy it. If you're in a big flat chances are you'll end up with someone slightly weird. I shared with 15 other people last year and we had some odd moments:

in the second term one of my flatmates had his door broken when another decided to headbutt it while drunk - he has to spend the entire next day guarding his room until someone came to screw it back on. In the third term the guys in my flat had a waterfight in the kitchen and the whole tower (16 floors) had to be evacuated at 2 in the morning after the water got in the toster and tripped the fire alarm.

Ah good times ...
DazYaUUU
Report 16 years ago
you guys are amazing..... thanks

if i get AAB i'll be off to manchester ( but i wont get an A in physics, i'm pretty sure of that )
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You're welcome

... and don't worry; you'll be fine, everyone will be in the same boat. As for keeping up with the course, I guess it goes without saying that you've got to work hard, but that doesn't mean you can't play hard too
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
Don't worry about it too much, you can always change your accommodation after a month or so if you really don't enjoy it. If you're in a big flat chances are you'll end up with someone slightly weird. I shared with 15 other people last year and we had some odd moments:

in the second term one of my flatmates had his door broken when another decided to headbutt it while drunk - he has to spend the entire next day guarding his room until someone came to screw it back on. In the third term the guys in my flat had a waterfight in the kitchen and the whole tower (16 floors) had to be evacuated at 2 in the morning after the water got in the toster and tripped the fire alarm.

Ah good times ...
Oh my god! I've been warned about fire alarms going off...in the early hrs! :eek:
alio
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im living at home so its gonna be mega hard for me to make friends
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh my god! I've been warned about fire alarms going off...in the early hrs! :eek:

oh hell yes... grrr... i'm still fuming about them... especially the day it was 3:30am, the only night i'd decided to stay in n get some sleep, it was absolutely pissing it down n some 'funny' bugger set it off for a laugh. i was so tired i didn't realise what was happening, so i just turned over until security came banging on the door, burst in to tell me to get outside n off i stumbled half asleep into the rain to join everyone only to realise i'm only wearing a t-shirt *blushes at the thought*

thats one thing i don't miss about living in halls
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would just stay in bed
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
I would just stay in bed
yeah, thats what one of our flat mates did - he'd broken his leg, and couldn't be arsed to hobble down the stairs :rolleyes: good job it was only a drill - AT 4.50AM IN THE BLOODY MORNING!!!!! We did stay up to watch the sun rise tho
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads