The Student Room Group

First year University move HELP???

Hey guys!

So I am now approaching the end of my first year of University (Uni of Surrey studying Psychology Bsc). I hated it, every single minuet of it. The course was not as interesting as I found it at Alevel (shocker) and the Uni itself is so dull and isolated. I have a pretty city-style personality so am thinking of trying to transfer to a London based Uni (live right outside London so commuting isn't too much of an issue). so here are my following questions, which i'd really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on?;

1) What are some good London Universities that are similar to the status of Surrey (or better). I don't want to leave my place at Surrey, for a University not as highly regarded.

2) What should i actually include in my email to prospective universities regarding transferring too their Uni's into second year?

3) Surrey's grade requirement for my course was AAA (I got ABBCE - yeah 5 A levels, the horror) and I got in, what is the likelihood of universities (eg. Kings College London) accepting me with these grades? Keeping in mind that I've been achieving consistent stable/high 2:1's in all modules and assignments?

Any guidance would really be appreciated. This first year has been really tough on me, especially as i was looking forward to University at the beginning of the academic year. I just want to not hate my time at Uni lol. Thanks in advance for any help, and please feel free to ask any questions!
Original post by oscaroliviaro
Hey guys!

So I am now approaching the end of my first year of University (Uni of Surrey studying Psychology Bsc). I hated it, every single minuet of it. The course was not as interesting as I found it at Alevel (shocker) and the Uni itself is so dull and isolated. I have a pretty city-style personality so am thinking of trying to transfer to a London based Uni (live right outside London so commuting isn't too much of an issue). so here are my following questions, which i'd really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on?;

1) What are some good London Universities that are similar to the status of Surrey (or better). I don't want to leave my place at Surrey, for a University not as highly regarded.

2) What should i actually include in my email to prospective universities regarding transferring too their Uni's into second year?

3) Surrey's grade requirement for my course was AAA (I got ABBCE - yeah 5 A levels, the horror) and I got in, what is the likelihood of universities (eg. Kings College London) accepting me with these grades? Keeping in mind that I've been achieving consistent stable/high 2:1's in all modules and assignments?

Any guidance would really be appreciated. This first year has been really tough on me, especially as i was looking forward to University at the beginning of the academic year. I just want to not hate my time at Uni lol. Thanks in advance for any help, and please feel free to ask any questions!

I would ring the unis' and ask NOW as I am pretty sure you still have to apply through ucas for year 2 entry so youre running out of time to make an account

Just ask would they consider you for transfer from surrey to them for year 2 entry then if they do, they will ask you the info they want to know
Original post by madmadmax321
I would ring the unis' and ask NOW as I am pretty sure you still have to apply through ucas for year 2 entry so youre running out of time to make an account

Just ask would they consider you for transfer from surrey to them for year 2 entry then if they do, they will ask you the info they want to know

Thanks man! Will be calling them Monday

Quick Reply

Latest