The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL1 2016 26th May - Discussion of answers

Let's discuss answers guys!

Anyone remember questions please post on this thread.

thanks !xxxxx
Reply 1
Here's what i remember:
Where is ATP produced?
List two functions of ATP
The difference between viruses and bacteria cells- (table where you had to tick the answer)
The standard form question and then filling out the graph that followed.
How vaccines trigger an immune response.
The last questions using the peice of text and applying knowledge.
Whether the student was right about the vaccination that got rid of 96% of somethig?? idk Included a graph.
Labelling the folds in the mitrochondria
I'm pretty sure the ATP question asked how is ATP resynthesised ... Can anyone confirm this ?
I wrote ATP synthase enzymes catalyse a condensation reaction between Adenosine Di Phosphate (ADP) and an inorganic phosphate group (Pi) to produce ATP
---
2 functions:
Active transport
Muscle contraction
---
Folds in mitochondria were cristae
Original post by Zainnnnnnnnn
I'm pretty sure the ATP question asked how is ATP resynthesised ... Can anyone confirm this ?
I wrote ATP synthase enzymes catalyse a condensation reaction between Adenosine Di Phosphate (ADP) and an inorganic phosphate group (Pi) to produce ATP
---
2 functions:
Active transport
Muscle contraction
---

Yes, it asked about resynthesis (if I'm remembering right) - I put that ATP resynthesis was used for phosphorylation and coupling though, instead of saying 2 functions of ATP.
Original post by Zainnnnnnnnn
---
2 functions:
Active transport
Muscle contraction
---

I put down active transport and absorption through the intestines for the 2 functions. Would I be right?
What did you put for the question 'what evidence is there that the phospholipids form part of the cell membrane'
is this the new spec?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending