Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You know for the first question of the maths paper when I gave my answer for the volume of a shape I put cm2 instead of cm3
    Do I still get full marks even though I put the wrong unit

ReputationRep:
    No it didn't give the units for a reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You would lost a mark if you got the units wrong but still get the rest of marks if you still got the actual answer right

ReputationRep:
    Sorry so does it mean I got the full mark because it did not give any units anyways in the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starfortune)
    Sorry so does it mean I got the full mark because it did not give any units anyways in the question
    No she means that the reason they didn't put units is because they want test your ability to write units. Personally, I think you should get full marks, but it doesn't really matter if you end up losing one mark because of it

ReputationRep:
    You know for the first question of the maths paper when I gave my answer for the volume of a shape I put cm2 instead of cm3
    Do I still get full marks even though I put the wrong unit
    No, if you got the answer right will will gain marks for answer and working but will lose 1 mark for the units. Sorry x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    No she means that the reason they didn't put units is because they want test your ability to write units. Personally, I think you should get full marks, but it doesn't really matter if you end up losing one mark because of it
    Thanks !!!!!! You've been so helpful

ReputationRep:
    Thanks !!!!!! You've been so helpful
    No worries, don't fret about one mark, just keep revising for the calculator exam to rectify your mistakes in this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    No worries, don't fret about one mark, just keep revising for the calculator exam to rectify your mistakes in this exam
    Yh u knw I'm really not that good in maths and after looking at the mark scheme I've realize I have not got that good ... I really need to try hard in the Calculator paper but I'm really really scared I'm not going to pass maths ... I'm not a maths person x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.