The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oops, didn't realise my comment had posted twice. Sorry for that, everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not opening my results with friends, I'll sneak my envelope to a little secluded corner and open them alone :-)

Also doing English Lit, History and Media Studies for A-Level in September :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
All my friends just text me and they wanna open them together. I just don't feel like opening them in front of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by twhiddy
Not opening my results with friends, I'll sneak my envelope to a little secluded corner and open them alone :-)

Same there is no chance that I am opening with anyone else, infact i'm even a little put off by the fact that the teachers may know your grades😂
Original post by AlevelBiologist
Same there is no chance that I am opening with anyone else, infact i'm even a little put off by the fact that the teachers may know your grades😂

My friends want to open them together as a group but no way am I doing that haha! I know, apparently they give you small looks at the door (indicating they know your grades) which sounds scary :gasp:
Thanks, good luck to you, too. What will you be doing at A level?

Thanks! I'll be doing Maths, French, English Lit and History. I'm guessing one of your A-Levels is Biology? :tongue:
Original post by twhiddy
My friends want to open them together as a group but no way am I doing that haha! I know, apparently they give you small looks at the door (indicating they know your grades) which sounds scary :gasp:

I hope not 😨 My school makes us wait until 11:00 to get our results too!
Original post by cherryblossoming
Thanks! I'll be doing Maths, French, English Lit and History. I'm guessing one of your A-Levels is Biology? :tongue:

Indeed it is 😂, with Chemistry, Geography & hopefully critical thinking if I meet the entry requirements 😊 (My school want 8 A/A*s for it)

And you sure have a real mix of subjects there!
Original post by twhiddy

Yeah I'm taking my results home and opening them in my bedroom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im_trying
Yeah I'm taking my results home and opening them in my bedroom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea!!

I hope not 😨 My school makes us wait until 11:00 to get our results too!

Really? 9am is when they hand out ours!!

Original post by cherryblossoming

English Lit and History? Sameee! :biggrin:
Original post by TheAnon121
Anyone else feel that they are going to be majorly disappointed on results day? There's so many factors that could go wrong, examiners missing out questions, examiners in a bad mood, not being able to read handwriting, not saying the correct word that was needed for the mark. Damn, I'm getting stressed out while typing this.

Sorry if I just increase you guys' worry by like 20X lol. :wink:

I'm worried about them not being able to read my handwriting!! :frown: it's really narrow so sometimes letters can look like other letters but I didn't let myself get stressed out so I made sure my writing was actually illegible lmao
Reply 2351
what time do the grade boundaries come out??
Reply 2352
what time are the grade boundaries released?
To people talking about teachers knowing our grades, they most probably do, if your subject teachers have chosen to look at them. I heard that they are accessible to them from 6 am, (unsure if that's true, I just read on another thread:s-smilie:) and that absolutely terrifys me. :getmecoat:
Original post by chloechurcher
To people talking about teachers knowing our grades, they most probably do, if your subject teachers have chosen to look at them. I heard that they are accessible to them from 6 am, (unsure if that's true, I just read on another thread:s-smilie:) and that absolutely terrifys me. :getmecoat:

Yes, my maths teacher told me she gets the results 6am on 25th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lau99
what time are the grade boundaries released?

AQA, Edexcel and WJEC are in Wednesday 24th

Posted from TSR Mobile
From midnight on Wednesday, the teachers can see our results (but doubt many of them will be looking at that time). They can also see the grade boundaries, mark schemes, examiner reports etc

For AQA, the website says that the GBs get released to us at 8am on Wednesday, but last week for the A Level ones they replied to someone on twitter that it would be at 9:30am so that confused people. At the same time, you will be able to use the UMS converter to convert any scores from your CAs into UMS and see what you need to get from your exams the next day.

Hopefully that cleared it up a little, however this may be slightly different for your boards.
For all those who don't achieve high grades.

Teachers Predicted:
Art- A
English lit- B
English lang- B
Maths- B
Science- B
ICT- A
Graphics- B
Religious Education- C
History- D

What i think i will get-
Art- A
English Lit- B
English Lang- C
Maths- D/C
Science- C/B
ICT- B
Graphics- C
Religious Education- D
History- E

Already got-
Core Science- B
Original post by greatmnty
These are my ISA sores + my predicted scores for my science units (all of it is AQA):
B1: 46/60
B2: 48/60
B3: 48/60
ISA: 100 UMS

C1: 52/60
C2: 52/60
C3: 50/60

P1: 49/60
P2: 43/60
P3: 43/60

what grades do you think these will be? I really want all A*s in the sciences cheers

I think all 3 are most likely going to be A*
When you don't get the A*

Spoiler

Latest