The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophFlorence
Sorry to butt in, but is this Physics Edexcel you're talking about? :smile:

well it definitely can't be AQA, with AQA, p1 was good but p2&3 was some sort of fresh hell xD
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I did it in Year 10 (last year).

Me too, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greatmnty
well it definitely can't be AQA, with AQA, p1 was good but p2&3 was some sort of fresh hell xD

Ah- it was the opposite with Edexcel. P1 was horrid.
Ah- it was the opposite with Edexcel. P1 was horrid.

I legit ran and cried to my teacher after P1 😭
Original post by Anonymous061299

Awh- yeah! My teacher asked me how it went and I was just like "uhhhmm, pretty difficult" But in my head I was legit screaming- IT WAS SO HARDDDDDDDD.
Original post by Anonymous061299

I think I made lots of silly mistakes, but a lot of the questions were just mega tricky. I'm hoping the grade boundary will be low :smile:
AQA P2 and 3 were absolutely horrible, they were my last exam so I couldn't wait to get out of there and go home. Unfortunately I was the only one left in the library as I was the only one there taking it, so the invigilator started talking to me after and all I could think was "please let me go ;-;"
Original post by Drewwww
For edexcel maths?? But that's so low! I feel like 100 is acceptable for a C haha.. That's 50%

It won't be that high, 100 is normally the B grade and 60-70 is normally the C grade
Reply 2448
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
AQA P2 and 3 were absolutely horrible, they were my last exam so I couldn't wait to get out of there and go home. Unfortunately I was the only one left in the library as I was the only one there taking it, so the invigilator started talking to me after and all I could think was "please let me go ;-;"

I totally agree! Completely lost my faith in physics after p2, p3 was slightly better for me but not by much. I hope the grade boundaries are low. It was a bit of a rubbish end to the exams I'd rather have ended on a high!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im_trying
It won't be that high, 100 is normally the B grade and 60-70 is normally the C grade

What do you reckon for an A*? :smile:
Original post by Thelabtatpast
How many marks do you reckon you got in each paper

Well, i think i got about 30-35 in the first one and about 32-36 in the second one but that was just me guessing... what about you? i think i will be very close to a C grade maybe even a few marks off. I just really hope i scrape it. don't care if I'm bang on the c boundary ill take it any day
What do you reckon for an A*? :smile:

Hey, i would estimate about 82 on each paper to get A* so about 164 all together for A*
Original post by Mlb37
I totally agree! Completely lost my faith in physics after p2, p3 was slightly better for me but not by much. I hope the grade boundaries are low. It was a bit of a rubbish end to the exams I'd rather have ended on a high!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right? When I took P1 I thought "Wow I'm gonna get my best grade in physics if the rest are that good" and then AQA were like "Sorry you wanted a good grade? Nah"
Original post by XLittleSparrowX

I completely agree, I had to leave the exam hall and calm down for 5 minutes after attempting the P2 resistance question.
Did anyone do the WJEC exams? :~)
Hey guys
For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.
Original post by Starlight15
Is there one for OCR Gateway/21st Century or Edexcel?

Edexcel is done :smile:
Original post by Im_trying
Hey, i would estimate about 82 on each paper to get A* so about 164 all together for A*

Hiya.

OK, thank you. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days :smile:
I'm waiting to find out my tragic German listening results.
Original post by nwmyname
Hey guys
For anyone taking Edexcel GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.

You can see how it looks like from this screenshot for biology.
Scroll down later to find Chemistry and Physics.

Note that exams began apparently in June 2014 for the current specification after a change, and dates before June 2012 were simply too difficult to interpret, which is the reflection of the exam board itself as well.

Thank you- this is so helpful!

Latest