The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mlb37
Yes! I only really got a proper physics teacher in year 11, my year 10 teacher only taught us half of p1 and the start of p2 in the whole year, we were all getting Us in our mocks!! Thankfully the year 11 teacher was so much better and I was getting As and A*s..... but now? No way will I get that..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, we just had 1 teacher for all sciences but our Y10 teacher gave us a textbook and told us to be responsible and learn from one of them not her. My Year 11 one just taught so well and he actually made me understand it. I was getting High As from low Cs just after one half term with him. I was hoping for an A or an A* but I've given up on that too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yo, do i have to have a password to find my igcse results??
Original post by Im_trying
Hmmm, too hight. C won't be 69 its never been higher than 65, just a tad bit hight. more like 65 - C and 100 - B and so on. A and A* grade may be accurate

C grade has been lower than 65 between June 2012 and June 2013 Exams, with November exams inclusive.
I do, ah well, my school didn't give me anything so looks like I have to wait until Thursday!

Does anyone know the Grade Boundaries of Cambridge English Language iGCSE?
Original post by strongcurrent
Yo, do i have to have a password to find my igcse results??

I think so from when I tried to log in. Otherwise, try and log into your schools portal/site and see if they've published them anywhere on there (mine had, that's how I found my English Language result the other night)

edit: and yes the grade boundaries are found here http://www.cie.org.uk/images/311094-first-language-english-oral-endorsement-0500-grade-threshold-march2016.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by caitlinford3
I think so from when I tried to log in. Otherwise, try and log into your schools portal/site and see if they've published them anywhere on there (mine had, that's how I found my English Language result the other night)

edit: and yes the grade boundaries are found here http://www.cie.org.uk/images/311094-first-language-english-oral-endorsement-0500-grade-threshold-march2016.pdf

Thank you!!
Original post by mass_
I'm in year 11 and finsihed all of my wjec exams, they were good but slightly hard, hbu?

The I.C.T one was ice; reckon I absolutely smashed it! I predict to get at least an A. Welsh was okay, I just about managed to finish the paper in time. I find the reading questions, however, more difficult than the writing questions so I reckon I lost a few marks there. I also feel I dropped marks in the crossover writing question because despite my sound understanding of the past tense, I had no idea what to write when I looked at the pictures. I just went blank.

History, however, would've been better if I'd actually revised. I didn't even finish the essay question, and towards the end, my handwriting was kind of scruffy because I was rushing. Not so confident about that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nwmyname
C grade has been lower than 65 between June 2012 and June 2013 Exams, with November exams inclusive.

Yeah i said its never been higher than 65 :smile: Lets of its a low c grade this year:smile:
Original post by Im_trying
Yeah i said its never been higher than 65 :smile: Lets of its a low c grade this year:smile:

Read it wrong haha.
Yeah you're right.
Apologies!
[QUOTE=Im_trying;67113758]Well, i think i got about 30-35 in the first one and about 32-36 in the second one but that was just me guessing... what about you? i think i will be very close to a C grade maybe even a few marks off. I just really hope i scrape it. don't care if I'm bang on the c boundary ill take it any day

I think I got 52 for paper 1 and 49 for paper 2.
Hopefully that is a B which is what I need for sixth form
Original post by caitlinford3

Wait I did the 0522 CIE english language exam and so does that mean I can see my grade now? I haven't been given a log in so does that mean it's going to be in my results sheet on Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thelabtatpast
I think I got 52 for paper 1 and 49 for paper 2.
Hopefully that is a B which is what I need for sixth form

Yeah thats a B easy! Good luck
I've got a really odd feeling. I feel calm but at the same time I am really worried. It's the oddest feeling and I can't explain it better than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I've got a really odd feeling. I feel calm but at the same time I am really worried. It's the oddest feeling and I can't explain it better than that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely understand what you mean. It's pretty scary lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm heading off to the Lake District tomorrow so even though I'll have some wifi, I have no idea how active I'll be on here.
If I'm not able to go on here somehow before RD I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for the day and hope you all get the results you desire, but if not, remember that it's not the end of the world and you can prove your skills in numerous other ways than your GCSEs :h:

Spoiler

Original post by surina16
Hey guys, I'm heading off to the Lake District tomorrow so even though I'll have some wifi, I have no idea how active I'll be on here.
If I'm not able to go on here somehow before RD I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for the day and hope you all get the results you desire, but if not, remember that it's not the end of the world and you can prove your skills in numerous other ways than your GCSEs :h:

Spoiler

Haha have fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16

Spoiler

ok lool thanks and hope u have fun lool
Reply 2537
Same here, we just had 1 teacher for all sciences but our Y10 teacher gave us a textbook and told us to be responsible and learn from one of them not her. My Year 11 one just taught so well and he actually made me understand it. I was getting High As from low Cs just after one half term with him. I was hoping for an A or an A* but I've given up on that too.

Oh no that's awful.. thank goodness for decent teachers but I think even the best physics teacher wouldn't have got me through those exams. I would be happy with a B in physics so anything more is a bonus for me (although I'd love an A* which I think I'm capable of just with an easier exam lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
My envelope-opening is going to be in agony. The family is going to see it before me and like last year, they're going to read it out wrong to me. I nearly fainted when they read my result wrong from last year.
Most worried for....
All.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry- that's exactly the same as how I'm feeling. It's a mix of excited and anxious :biggrin:

Latest