The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greatmnty
WJEC English language and literature is so high. OCR RE is beautiful.

I thought got 172/200 on maths for Edexcel and thought it would be a solid A* but if I've overmarked myself, it could easily go down to an A :/

How many marks for an A* in both English ?? I can't find the marks. I think my browser is messing up!
Original post by Nudelauflauf
Damn, that's tough man - I think it could be to do with religious kids getting like full marks which raises the boundaries??

I go to a catholic school and trust me that does not appear to be the general consensus. But being a religious kid is a slight advantage ngl
Could anyone possibly link me to the aqa b2 + 3 paper???
Original post by EmilyTonge
How many marks for an A* in both English ?? I can't find the marks. I think my browser is messing up!

180/200 for both
Haven't slept at all, roll on tonight because I won't be able to sleep either!!😔
Original post by surina16
Anyone do OCR Computing? Beautiful A* boundary.

I still feel like I messed up though :redface:
How did you find it?
180/200 for both

Legit waving goodbye to my A*s
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
I go to a catholic school and trust me that does not appear to be the general consensus. But being a religious kid is a slight advantage ngl

Hmmm yeah it just makes me wonder - cause for the grade boundaries to be so high SOME people are gonna have to be getting really high on the paper, and cause it's out of 84 there is plenty of places to lose marks but apparently these people get full marks or close enough.
Original post by surina16
Anyone do OCR Computing? Beautiful A* boundary.

Yeah I know, it is so good. And I was expecting it to be higher than last year's.
Original post by Nudelauflauf
Damn, that's tough man - I think it could be to do with religious kids getting like full marks which raises the boundaries??

In my view, part of the reason for the harsh Edexcel RSt grade boundaries are that the exam questions don't require much prior knowledge of any religion. You can easily pass the exam and even get full marks just by being opinionated on religious matters - and, on occasion, knowing some basic knowledge of one religion in particular.

I think most exam boards take a "let's-ask-the-kids-what-they-think" approach to RSt exams as opposed to a "let's-test-them-what-they've-learned-about-RSt" approach, and in my view that pushes the grade boundaries sky-high.

Because this eliminates the advantage of those like me who actually enjoy RSt for the academic side to it, I'm not sure I agree with the approach and I think I'd prefer an exam testing us on specific knowledge with a course which makes us get to the heart of religious beliefs (actually looking at theologians, for example, rather than making huge generalisations about vaguely-defined denominations).
Legit waving goodbye to my A*s

I'm dreading the horror that will be AQA's grade boundaries
Reply 4071
Haven't slept at all, roll on tonight because I won't be able to sleep either!!😔

I've had 3 hours sleep, I hope that I'm so tired tonight that I just sleep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavMax15
Yeah I know, it is so good. And I was expecting it to be higher than last year's.

That A* grade boundaries was the glorious thing ive seen this whole year
Can someone please post the grade boundaries for GCSE !!!!!
is AQA out now??
Where's the AQA Grade Boundaries?
is AQA out now??

Original post by Starlight15
Where's the AQA Grade Boundaries?

They said approx 8
AQA where you at bro.
come onnnn AQA!

Latest