The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know the maths grade boundaries are very high.

Remember however that if you got the answer right in a question that you will receive full marks on that question.
Again, examiners are very lenient on maths papers due to its linearity so it's understandable if there are things going wrong here and there.

My A* boundary in my exam was only 1 mark less than 170 and I was surprised that I was far into the boundary even though I thought I got more than 6 or 8 questions wrong.

Don't worry.
All will be well, for sure.
Original post by MattB_
Screenshot_1.png
I thought the grade boundary was going to be low, but not that low...

Lower than last year! Surprised me.
Still, nearly half of the people that took this exam have got an A this year.
That's on OCR statistics released from last week.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 13.28.47.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nwmyname
I know the maths grade boundaries are very high.

Remember however that if you got the answer right in a question that you will receive full marks on that question.
Again, examiners are very lenient on maths papers due to its linearity so it's understandable if there are things going wrong here and there.

My A* boundary in my exam was only 1 mark less than 170 and I was surprised that I was far into the boundary even though I thought I got more than 6 or 8 questions wrong.

Don't worry.
All will be well, for sure.

So, even if our working is wrong but the answer is right, we get full marks? I've never understood how they reward marks, it confuses me because I get told so many different things. Sorry if my question is stupid :s-smilie:
Original post by chloechurcher
So, even if our working is wrong but the answer is right, we get full marks? I've never understood how they reward marks, it confuses me because I get told so many different things. Sorry if my question is stupid :s-smilie:

You only lose one mark :smile:
Generally if you get the answer right, you get all the marks (except where they say Show your working)

If you get the answer wrong like wrong rounding, you only lose 1 mark.
:smile:

Not a bad question at all, rather a good question I asked a lot too.
Lower than last year! Surprised me.
Still, nearly half of the people that took this exam have got an A this year.
That's on OCR statistics released from last week.

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 13.28.47.png

I hope I'm one of those 4709 people to get that A :smile:
Original post by MattB_
I hope I'm one of those 4709 people to get that A :smile:

Very very high chance you are.
Even with those grade boundaries.
You only lose one mark :smile:
Generally if you get the answer right, you get all the marks (except where they say Show your working)

If you get the answer wrong like wrong rounding, you only lose 1 mark.
:smile:

Not a bad question at all, rather a good question I asked a lot too.

Hey thanks! Made things much clearer for me :smile:
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Whenever I do Question 6 in the AQA English Language Paper, I always have some sort of funny rant on paper and it usually turns out great, my other questions go down hill.

Question 2's pun about Bear Grylls made me cringe so much I cried inside😂😭😂

That was the weirdest question ever closely followed by the writing about English holidays
I'll be happy with C's in English Maths an Science, all I need to progress so above that is a Brucie bonus! Looking at 'GB', think I'll get Science A, Maths B, and English B.. Difference is, I'm 35 years old, left school 19 years ago without any GCSE's. Still found some of it hard to digest, sure it's much harder now, than it was back in my school day's. Spent most of the time in lesson questioning the fact this was meant for 15-16 year olds'. I take my hat off to you all :smile:
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Where's the edexcel ums converter?
Just out of interest; does anyone else's school (/centre) have a phone-in results service like
mine? :call2:
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
Just out of interest; does anyone else's school (/centre) have a phone-in results service like
mine? :call2:

Nope, apparently our school can't for "Security Reasons"
Original post by romansholiday
i've literally just woken up to this mess what is going on and why is B1 so high? omfg

To be fair, everyone was complaining about the 'independent company' question - yet it was only 1 mark and most of the people who complained about it got it correct anyway. It seemed to be the only thing that anyone slipped up on in B1, so most have probably aced the paper. Gosh, if only I was in their shoes...
Really don't understand why people are challenging the fact that the grade boundary of 70 marks is high...it is high.. that's that..:dry:
How did you guys find out 4079 people got an A? How many people got an A*? This is edexcel maths that I am talking about :smile:
Is Unit4 for Additional Science (AQA) the ISA?
Original post by cdaniels2011
Is Unit4 for Additional Science (AQA) the ISA?

yes

Latest