The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kgbenett
sorry if someone's already said this, but you could get them remarked if they're several marks away from the next grade up ! remarking is always something to consider, it boosted my english grade up from a C to a B :h:

I could do this as my English is two marks from a B. Though people said its harder for grades to go up and there's a big risk of getting a lower grade, I'll consider it though. Thanks:h:!!!
Original post by Ikilliloot
I passed maths i got a grade C, i'm so happy that i don't have to do again, hard work pays off. :biggrin:

hey its lopes123 WELL DONE!. youre right hard work pays off
Original post by lopes123
hey I'm_trying its lopes 123, wow 4 marks off a C quite close, I do foundation maths and I got an F, I'm disappointed, but I have to work harder. that's good, I recommend that. you could even get your C:biggrin:

I'm sure you will get the C, I believe you will get it
Reply 5343
I got 5 C's and 5 B's. I'm sitting here looking at some people who have got all A's and A*'s and thinking damnnnn. I have also got a distinction for a Level 2 ECDL in IT Application.
Maths- C
Additional Science- C
Science- B
Psychology- C
Child Development- C
English Language- B
Health and Social Care- B
English Literature- C
History- B
Religious Studies- B

Those were my results, what were yours? :smile:
hey its lopes123 WELL DONE!. youre right hard work pays off

Thank you so much!!!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Pedrex
I could do this as my English is two marks from a B. Though people said its harder for grades to go up and there's a big risk of getting a lower grade, I'll consider it though. Thanks:h:!!!

i think you should definitely get it remarked !! i was 2 or 3 marks away from a B in english when i did my exam two years ago - i got it remarked and i ended up with a B! if you're only 2 marks away from a B, there's no way they'd end up taking away so many marks that you'd drop a grade. there's a really good chance of you getting a B if you get it remarked so i hope you do! :h:

Spoiler

Last year: (Year 10)
GCSE Catering: B
BTEC Dance: Merit
GCSE English Lit: B

This Year:
Maths: D
English Language: C
Additional Science: D
core science: D
health and social care: Distinction
Spainsh: C
employability: B
ECDL: Distinction*

My maths is going to be re marked as i was 2-3 marks off a C :frown:
but other than that im pleased with my resluts as science was never my strong point and i gave all my exams my all and thats all you can do :smile:

maths grad boundaries were a shocker 70 marks for a C :0
Pleasantly surprised with 11A*s and A^ in Further Maths. Congratulations everyone!
I got 100% in my aqa Spanish reading, speaking and listening but my writing was moderated from an A* down to a C?! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 8 A*s and 2A's one of them being an A in additional mathematics. I didn't get my A* in igcse edexcel French but it was to be expected. I didn't reach my goal of achieving all A*s but I'm still quite pleased :smile:.
hey I'm_trying its lopes 123, wow 4 marks off a C quite close, I do foundation maths and I got an F, I'm disappointed, but I have to work harder. that's good, I recommend that. you could even get your C:biggrin:

Hey! Don't worry about it you will be able to do it. Have you tried to do higher? Apparently it's easier to get a C higher paper. I'm disappointed about it but it's all okay next retake is November :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 6 marks off an A*, should I still get a remark?
I got E's in all of my subjects :frown:
We didn't get our UMS marks and I'm really curious about my Music Mark. I got a c in theory (which i'm really surprised, I thought I did better :frown:), an A in composition and a B in performance.
If I email my exams officer at my school will they be able to email me back my UMS marks?
Original post by abc_123_
aqa gcse/b

The UMS boundary for the A* is 144. So you're quite a bit away

You're 10UMS off the A* overall
Original post by Boiiiiiiiii
I got E's in all of my subjects :frown:

Agh no, don't worry I got 3 C's and the rest are D's. Have you sorted out what you are doing next?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kgbenett
i think you should definitely get it remarked !! i was 2 or 3 marks away from a B in english when i did my exam two years ago - i got it remarked and i ended up with a B! if you're only 2 marks away from a B, there's no way they'd end up taking away so many marks that you'd drop a grade. there's a really good chance of you getting a B if you get it remarked so i hope you do! :h:

Spoiler

I may take it in for a remark, i suppose your right, they can't take a whole grade off me! .... and wow nice one :smile: im pleased you managed to get a A, hopefully that'll be me in A level next year:colondollar: do you think you can give me your powers haha to help haha!. Good job passing buddy :smile:
Does anyone know where I can find the AQA UMS grade boundaries? I know there is a converter but I want to know how far off I was overall not in individual exams.....
Original post by usycool1
Maybe for History, but I'd leave the others tbh because of the nature of those subjects*

Points don't really mean anything - they just correspond to a grade. 46 points will always be an B matter how close you were to the next boundary.*

(If you're interested, 58 points = A*, 52 points = A, 46 points = B etc.)

thank you :smile: there's no point in remarking maths because an A is a long way away. Very happy with a B nevertheless
Original post by Im_trying
Agh no, don't worry I got 3 C's and the rest are D's. Have you sorted out what you are doing next?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna work at mcdonalds and try and sort my life out. Might live on the streets in a cardboard box lol

Latest