The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pri8315
is anyone elses sixth form only allowing them to do three AS levels and not four

Some this year are only allowing three as the new spec exams are harder and require more focus, which you don't get as much if you take 4 subjects.
Original post by gd99
I got an A* with 217/240 - that is with AQA History B, which is the course I'm assuming you're doing.

Thank you. Yes I do history B. Do you think it's worth remarking
Is it worth getting a remark in AQA English literature and psychology. I'm 4 UMS off the grade above for both and how many raw marks is 4 UMS?
Original post by surina16
Worth going for a remark in History if I'm 4 UMS off an A*?

Haha if it does go up then you'd have straight A*s! That's so good :smile:
Honestly even if it goes down you'd still probably be on an A so I think you should go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope everyone got what they wanted!

On another note, did anyone else do French AQA and have their coursework moderated down? My teacher told me I got 4A*s but on results day ended up with Bs. This annoyed me because I got A*s in both my written papers and just seems a bit unfair. Is it worth a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Thank you. Hopefully I'll get even better results in Year 11 as I'm going to start actually putting some effort in, but on the whole, I'm pretty happy with this year's outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im going to be in yr 11 too! what did you acheive this year and what did you study?:biggrin::smile::p:p
i need help! i got a B 1 mark off an A in core science do you think its too late to get it marked plz respond !!!
Reply 5487
I got 6A* 3A 2Bs - I'm so happy! But, how do you guys know your UMS or even what mark you got per paper? My results paper doesn't have anything like that on it? Can I ask the exam boards for it?
Original post by nwmyname
Some this year are only allowing three as the new spec exams are harder and require more focus, which you don't get as much if you take 4 subjects.

ah thank you so that means it wont affect me if i want to go uni. btw im taking history, english lit and business bc i want to study law :smile:
Original post by pri8315
is anyone elses sixth form only allowing them to do three AS levels and not four

Oh my..... i wish i was at your sixth form, i have to do 4 but i have no idea what to do for the fourth option!
Did anyone else find that their eng lit
(I did aqa igcse eng lit)
Was marked really 'off' ?
I've been on track for an A in the exam for months , I used to hand my teacher practice essays to mark and they'd end up being low A's before the exam-
I went into the exam, did the exact same structure and wrote the exact same thing as I did in the practice essays (analyzed punctuation, used context etc) and i come out with not a B, which would be different ... BUT A C?!!!!
im absolutely horrified with this result because i know it's not what I deserve , I know English can be subjective so I'm gonna get it remarked. I don't see how it can be a C at all I've honestly never been so confused.

Even if my coursework was moderated down it would probably still stay an A* because it was 48/50 in the first place.
Original post by blueribbons99
Hi guys, has anyone got the AQA science papers from 2016? I'm sure someone posted them at some point but can't find them now, chemistry would be especially useful🤓thank you :smile:

The papers won't be publicly available for a year, as they'll kept securely on AQA's website so that teachers can use the exams you just sat as mocks for the year below. If someone has posted them then unfortunately I would ask you to report the post, as that's a copyright issue.

Original post by pri8315

The vast majority of university courses only make offers based on three full A level predictions. Your fourth AS doesn't really matter for most subjects, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:

Original post by Kxjzh
Thank you. I got what I needed, just not what I wanted. I did worse than my mocks, which was never meant to be the case! And I'd worked so hard, I didn't even want C's! It sounds so stupid but it's really upset me.

Argh, that must be frustrating :console: Still, Cs are still passes and good grades :smile: Perhaps sixth form/college can be a fresh start. Maybe reflect on why GCSEs could have gone slightly better, you say you worked hard which is great, but do you think you were using the most efficient revision methods?

Original post by blizza15
i need help! i got a B 1 mark off an A in core science do you think its too late to get it marked plz respond !!!
Not too late at all, the deadline is 30th September.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
The papers won't be publicly available for a year, as they'll kept securely on AQA's website so that teachers can use the exams you just sat as mocks for the year below. If someone has posted them then unfortunately I would ask you to report the post, as that's a copyright issue.

The vast majority of university courses only make offers based on three full A level predictions. Your fourth AS doesn't really matter for most subjects, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:

Argh, that must be frustrating :console: Still, Cs are still passes and good grades :smile: Perhaps sixth form/college can be a fresh start. Maybe reflect on why GCSEs could have gone slightly better, you say you worked hard which is great, but do you think you were using the most efficient revision methods?

Not too late at all, the deadline is 30th September.

O rly? :pierre:
Lost y account so had to make a new one. I was crazy surprised with my results I got 10 a*s, 3 a's and 2 b's which were in further maths and general studies a level. Ifound out I didthr best in the schoolsoam crazy happy do you think if I got like 3 as at a level I could do medicine at manchester
Original post by usycool1
O rly? :pierre:

Fancy seeing you here :hat2:

Original post by Harryhp
Lost y account so had to make a new one. I was crazy surprised with my results I got 10 a*s, 3 a's and 2 b's which were in further maths and general studies a level. Ifound out I didthr best in the schoolsoam crazy happy do you think if I got like 3 as at a level I could do medicine at manchester

Manchester med school entry requirements.

Yes, those grades meet the requirements, congratulations :h:

I'd advise against getting your heart set on one medical school though. Obviously it's fine to have a favourite, but you'll qualify as a medic whichever university you go to :yep:
Could someone help me out out here are these subjects worth renarking: (All AQA btw)

Statistics 3 UMS off A Grade
Biology (B1 B2 B3) 24 UMS off A* Grade
Physics (P1 P2 P3) 19 UMS off A* Grade
Geography B 3 UMS off A grade

I am not sure if this has happened with anyone else but my Product Design Coursework was marked as an A* but has gone down to a low B. Is this in error? As it can't have gone down to a Low B as it was inputted into the system as an A*. Plus, my exam I done with Product Design is 2 UMS off an A grade. What shall I do?
6 A*, 2 As and 3 Bs, pretty disappointed.
Original post by bod247
Could someone help me out out here are these subjects worth renarking: (All AQA btw)

Statistics 3 UMS off A Grade
Biology (B1 B2 B3) 24 UMS off A* Grade
Physics (P1 P2 P3) 19 UMS off A* Grade
Geography B 3 UMS off A grade

I am not sure if this has happened with anyone else but my Product Design Coursework was marked as an A* but has gone down to a low B. Is this in error? As it can't have gone down to a Low B as it was inputted into the system as an A*. Plus, my exam I done with Product Design is 2 UMS off an A grade. What shall I do?

I'd be inclined to leave them tbh. It is rare for marks to change in the sciences following a remark, and with the new changes in A-Levels, it'll probably become even rarer.

Sadly, it's likely your coursework was moderated down.*
Original post by AneebMalik
wow you guys did really good. I failed one GCSE (French) 2A's 4B's 2C's 1E the E just buzzkills it but im planning to resit maths (One of the C grades hopefully will become 3As or 1A* 2As 4Bs...and that 1E

Lucky when it comes to applying for jobs, you don't have to disclose your French grade if it's irrelevant
Reply 5499
Hi I got C in my maths exam but really needed a grade B I wanted to know how many MARKS I was away from B but on my results paper it only says points which for me is 40