why wont this day hurry up
What you think you've got:
History; A*
Maths; A
Eng Lang; A
RE;A
Drama;A
Additional Science; A
German;A/B (most likely B because of the CW but the exams were beaut so who knows!)
Eng Lit;A/B (the first exam was decent but the poetry was hard so once again who knows!)
IT;B
(Core science was a B)
Predicted grades:
History;A*/A
Maths;A/B
English Lang;A/B
RE;A/B
Drama;B
Additional Science;B
Eng Lit; B
German;B
IT;A/B
My targets are lower than what I expect as they were set on the year 9 exams which I didn't perform too well at.
How are you feeling about results day?
Nothing more we can do now! Let's hope we all get what we deserve,
How are you going to open your results?
In a private place in school.
What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
History, Economics and Politics.
Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
I've watched thousands of those! But unfortunately not.
Good luck to everyone and remember not to compare your results with others. As long as you tried your best you should be extremely proud! :smile:
What I think I've got:
Mainly As and Bs, possibly an A* in food tech, maths and health and social, and a C or D in French
What I want to do:
A level, law, psychocolgy, and sociology or ICT
isn't it 35days until the 25th???
Original post by TheYearNiner
why wont this day hurry up

35 days 😁
Most of the papers have been marked by now...By a week or two at the latest they've all been marked...likely by next week they'll be finished then GB setting.
34 days until great disappointment 🎉
Reply 126
Dreaming: 10A*s + A Further Maths
Wanting after doing the exams: 8A*s, 2As + B FM
Expected: 7A*s, 3As + B FM

I know I'm going to be disappointed to matter what and it's killing me :frown:

Opening results somewhere quiet in school. YouTube: Yeah right, imagine :rolleyes:
Original post by sulaimanali
Most of the papers have been marked by now...By a week or two at the latest they've all been marked...likely by next week they'll be finished then GB setting.

Lol Sulaiman. Upton Court

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenns_lifestyle
What I think I got:
French - A*
English Literature - A
Language - A
Mathematics - A*
Chemistry - A
Physics - B
History - B
Drama - A
RS - A
FSMQ - U

PREDICTED GRADE:
French - A*
English Literature - A*
Language - A*
Mathematics - A*
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
History - A
Drama - A
FSMQ - B/A

How I'm feeling:
I'm not feeling that bad actually. Just want to get it over and done with so I can finally leave my crappy High School and go to a new school.

What I actually got:
Biology - A (did it last year)
PE Short course - C (also last year)

How I'm going to open my results:
My school is probably going to force me to open my results there, so I think that's just what I'm going to do. Would much rather prefer to do it on my own or with my my family.

A Levels:
Biology, Chemistry, Theatre Studies, Maths and Further Maths

Youtube i actually might do so.

Lol, is FMSQ that hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone. I'm quite confused. Results day is 25th of August - but my enrolment for the college is on the same day and in the morning, so how does this work?
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
Oh dear....

This has to be my favourite meme ever:biggrin:
Original post by Xenice
Hi everyone. I'm quite confused. Results day is 25th of August - but my enrolment for the college is on the same day and in the morning, so how does this work?

You just pick up your results and then go to your college, if the times clash then ask if you can have a different enrolement slot, I haven't even gotten mine yet!
I may actually film mine and upload it to youtube...:biggrin:
Original post by Chittesh14
Lol, is FMSQ that hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's not hard (to get an A at least since you usually need around 65-70%) but this year's paper was really difficult so loads of people who were predicted As think they're gonna get a lot lower
i'm just hoping for low grade boundaries lol
Original post by surina16
34 days until great disappointment 🎉

I'm sure you've done so well :h: x
Reply 135
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
it's not hard (to get an A at least since you usually need around 65-70%) but this year's paper was really difficult so loads of people who were predicted As think they're gonna get a lot lower

Most people I know just want to walk out with a C or D because they never asked to do it. People who are really into their maths can get an A with the low grade boundaries but this year it was harder than usual.
Reply 136
Original post by M451
Dreaming: 10A*s + A Further Maths
Wanting after doing the exams: 8A*s, 2As + B FM
Expected: 7A*s, 3As + B FM

I know I'm going to be disappointed to matter what and it's killing me :frown:

Opening results somewhere quiet in school. YouTube: Yeah right, imagine :rolleyes:

Is that AQA further maths? I managed to self-teach myself the syllabus in under 3 months. I also thought that was a really nice paper this year I'll be horrified if I don't get A* or A*^ :smile:
The expectations of some people on here are unreal
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake

Right, I'm sure it was difficult. But, let's see how much 'lower' the grade boundaries become. Usually, they don't go lower by a lot. This happens a lot at A-level lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Original post by BobSausage
Is that AQA further maths? I managed to self-teach myself the syllabus in under 3 months. I also thought that was a really nice paper this year I'll be horrified if I don't get A* or A*^ :smile:

Nope, sorry. It's OCR FSMQ (6993). I used to always insist on saying FSMQ instead of Further Maths but I guess I gave in for that post. The paper was trickier than other years'.

I knew it all perfectly at one point but just didn't begin to revise it in time. I only did about 3-4 days of revision so I only have myself to blame. It's one thing getting a low grade if you don't get it but another if you knew it all and just didn't revise.

Anyway, I'll stop being depressing. It's great that you found it nice, hope you get what you're aiming for :smile:

Latest