Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I am currently in year 12 and wanting to study economics in uni. I have already attend a couple business insight days but not sure if i should attend anymore. I am not exactly sure about the point of attending these apart from getting a taste of the industry. Will any more commitment help with uni application and stuff? Would it make you a better applicant after i have alr attended 2?Not sure if it worth me spending 2 hours on the train while it's not like work experience or anything. Thx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pepl3)
    Hi there. I am currently in year 12 and wanting to study economics in uni. I have already attend a couple business insight days but not sure if i should attend anymore. I am not exactly sure about the point of attending these apart from getting a taste of the industry. Will any more commitment help with uni application and stuff? Would it make you a better applicant after i have alr attended 2?Not sure if it worth me spending 2 hours on the train while it's not like work experience or anything. Thx
    They won't instantly get you an offer. You can't just say "I attended 7 business insight days" and automatically be considered a strong candidate.

However, they can help you when writing your personal statement. You can explain what you got from them, and why this has helped in your application for uni. Do you feel you understand the options after the degree more? Are you more motivated to work in that area? Did you see real life application of theory?

Remember though that you are limited to 4000 characters in the personal statement. You won't be able to write loads on each thing you want to mention. You might feel that 2 is enough because you won't be able to fit more than that in with a good explanation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.