Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you feel safe in foreign airports? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you feel safe in foreign airports?
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    I certainly do not and with the ever-expanding terror threat, I think it's reasonable to be afraid in foreign airports. The only airports I feel safe in are any in the UK and USA. What are your thoughts about foreign airports?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the probability of attacks happening in most other places is much higher than in the UK and USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    I don't think the probability of attacks happening in most other places is much higher than in the UK and USA.
    I certainly do, in foreign airports you're through security in less than 30 mins, in the UK and USA it can sometimes take hours

ReputationRep:
    Ironic you feel safe in the same airports those terrorist scum target.

ReputationRep:
    Yes... I don't think there'll be as many terrorist attacks in Asia, especially China and HK compared to the UK and USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Ironic you feel safe in the same airports those terrorist scum target.
    But with the high security it's much harder for them, thats why i feel safer
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I was in Brussels a few weeks after the attacks. We used the other airport to fly back and it was rammed with security.

Generally though I feel fine in airports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I was in Brussels a few weeks after the attacks. We used the other airport to fly back and it was rammed with security.

Generally though I feel fine in airports.
    Yeh usually after a terror attack its probably the best time to fly due to the increased security

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel safe in UK airports nevermind foreign ones! But I have to go through airports to get to the plane which will take me somewhere with better weather than the UK or back home which I like. I find them inconvenient more than dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    But with the high security it's much harder for them, thats why i feel safer
    I personally don't worry about flying , statistically chance of dying is 1 in 7.6 million in a commercial jet and that's not excluding failed landings etc.

ReputationRep:
    God some people are so scared of such petty things like this im surprised theyre not agorophobic...

Its an airport so what? no different than a football stadium, a bus etc.

air travel is the safest means of transportation and the check in is no exception.

ReputationRep:
    yes especially richer countries
    like dubai, american, uk, canada for example

ReputationRep:
    Yup lol. Its the planes I don't feel safe in.

ReputationRep:
    Far more dangerous places to be, on the way to the airport being one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I generally feel safe

ReputationRep:
    My reason is not terror when I was in Tenerife I set the metal sector off my trackies had a zip to make them shorts. I had a woman with a heckler and glock g36 shouting at me in Spanish. I was 11 but other than that it's fine just stay away from Africa/ Pakistan/Afghanistan/turkey etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.