Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Did anyone do the IGCSE AQA foundation Eng Lit paper 2 today? Can't believe I didn't use any quotes. Does anyone know if that means I've lost any chance of getting a C grade now? I used quotes in my other paper on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure u will get marks if u still talked about structure and readers effect....

(Original post by Moggerhammer)
    Hi. Did anyone do the IGCSE AQA foundation Eng Lit paper 2 today? Can't believe I didn't use any quotes. Does anyone know if that means I've lost any chance of getting a C grade now? I used quotes in my other paper on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you can actually get an A* with no quotes (obviously not on foundation but you'll still be able to get Max points depending on your answer)....I just made quotes up LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    Lol you can actually get an A* with no quotes (obviously not on foundation but you'll still be able to get Max points depending on your answer)....I just made quotes up LMAO
    That's not right my teacher said you really are limiting your marks if you don't use quotes down to something like a C or maybe if you're lucky a B (quite hard) but no way A*/A. I don't know about the foundation papers but I guess you would need some quotes or it will be quite hard to get a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    That's not right my teacher said you really are limiting your marks if you don't use quotes down to something like a C or maybe if you're lucky a B (quite hard) but no way A*/A. I don't know about the foundation papers but I guess you would need some quotes or it will be quite hard to get a C.
    Yeah, thanks... I thought it might be a no to. c grade and guess It is. However, this paper was 40% of total marks and I used quotes for my other paoer worth60%, so hoping I did well on that one to make up for it. 🙏
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    theres a section (atleast in wjec board) about evidence, this means you provide quotes. without quotes you will get 0 marks in that band and will hinder your possibility of getting a high grade. if your exam board dont allow books into exam then they wont expect exact quote, but quotes that has the same meaning as in the book. speaking from my experience, i didnt learn a lot of quotes but in exam somehow, quotes just keep coming in my head as if i was actually reading the book hahaha

ReputationRep:
    no you can just describe what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evess)
    no you can just describe what happens
    Really? So maybe I have a chance! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moggerhammer)
    Yeah, thanks... I thought it might be a no to. c grade and guess It is. However, this paper was 40% of total marks and I used quotes for my other paoer worth60%, so hoping I did well on that one to make up for it. 🙏
    My teacher was referring to a C in the higher paper without quotes I am not quite sure about the foundation. I guess you still have a good chance of a C getting a C as the paper was only worth 40% and I guess you maybe could get a C on the foundation without quotations like the higher. The exam has been taken and you can't change what you wrote and got so there's no point in worrying about it that will just stress you more.

ReputationRep:
    You can get A* without quotes ... check examples online.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    Surely though, quotes are a pivotal part of the understanding of the texts, as they support your points (serving as evidence etc.)?! As you're a foundation candidate, you can't afford to give marks aware as carefree as a Higher candidate, so maybe you're not going to get a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    My teacher is an exam marker ....

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it depends on the exam board. Hoping AQA won't be too harsh with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    My teacher is an exam marker ....
    My teacher is an exam marker as well and has more than 20 years experience in all this so I doubt a person with so much experience and knowledge won't know the facts properly.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.