Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will music be like in the future? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on what music might be like in twenty, thirty, maybe even a hundred years?

Do you think it will be more technology based, or maybe music will have more focus on something else?

Will music still have vocals we're familiar with, or might singing robots be more common? Perhaps vocals will be abandoned altogether?

I'm interested to know what you guys think. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    What are your thoughts on what music might be like in twenty, thirty, maybe even a hundred years?

Do you think it will be more technology based, or maybe music will have more focus on something else?

Will music still have vocals we're familiar with, or might singing robots be more common? Perhaps vocals will be abandoned altogether?

I'm interested to know what you guys think. :holmes:
    I think music will be more psychological. So doesn't sound particularly nice but targets parts of your brain that makes you feel a certain emotion. E.g Pleasure, Sorrow etc.

In any case... It'll probably be very different to what's mainstream now.

ReputationRep:
    1960s revival!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Actually I was listening to an interesting interpretation of what music will be like in the following decades - if it followed the pattern of musical trends throughout history:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLegion)
    I think music will be more psychological. So doesn't sound particularly nice but targets parts of your brain that makes you feel a certain emotion. E.g Pleasure, Sorrow etc.

In any case... It'll probably be very different to what's mainstream now.
    Are there any examples of music that's hinting towards that, or like that right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Actually I was listening to an interesting interpretation of what music will be like in the following decades - if it followed the pattern of musical trends throughout history:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    :yep:
    Ah yes, a very interesting video. It's taught me so much about musical trends throughout history! :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.