Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just applying to a job through a middle man and the job stated that the deadline was the 2nd of june. after working tirelessly on my cv and cover letter to make it match the job description perfectly apparently they have already hired someone?!!

im kind of angry as it said the deadline for them recieving applications was the 2nd of june

am i wrong to think this?

thanks in advance
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by aminallstar)
    i was just applying to a job through a middle man and the job stated that the deadline was the 2nd of june. after working tirelessly on my cv and cover letter to make it match the job description perfectly apparently they have already hired someone?!!

im kind of angry as it said the deadline for them recieving applications was the 2nd of june

am i wrong to think this?

thanks in advance
    Employers can (and do) hire people before the deadline given.

From an employer's point of view, they're probably not going to wait if they have received enough suitable CVs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Employers can (and do) hire people before the deadline given.

From an employer's point of view, they're probably not going to wait if they have received enough suitable CVs.
    i wish i knew this... but why put a deadline then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    i wish i knew this... but why put a deadline then?
    Represents the latest possible date they are willing to consider applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Represents the latest possible date they are willing to consider applications.
    so they will still consider me?

sorry for asking but i just dont understand why i cant even get looked at when im within the deadline
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    so they will still consider me?
    I don't know, I'm not the employer in question, but probably not if the position is already filled.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Employers can make the deadline earlier if they have the right quantity or quality of applications. That's the risk you run if you leave your application to the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why you are angry, but ultimately it is just tough. They found someone already. Keep looking, and better luck next time.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.