Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quitting on probation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm not sure if anyone can help me but i'm in a bit of a pickle.
    Long story short I've been working at a shoe store for just over 2 months and due to reasons I just need to get out of there asap. As I'm still being trained I'm on a 3 month probation period, due to the probation period I was wondering if I have to give anything like a weeks notice before I quit? any help will be appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punk-student)
    Hi. I'm not sure if anyone can help me but i'm in a bit of a pickle.
    Long story short I've been working at a shoe store for just over 2 months and due to reasons I just need to get out of there asap. As I'm still being trained I'm on a 3 month probation period, due to the probation period I was wondering if I have to give anything like a weeks notice before I quit? any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Have a look at your contract to see how much notice you are required to give. Normal a month's but can be as short as a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Have a look at your contract to see how much notice you are required to give. Normal a month's but can be as short as a week.
    It says "After 4 weeks employment, you or the company may terminate your employment by giving one weeks' notice." so one week right?

ReputationRep:
    It says "After 4 weeks employment, you or the company may terminate your employment by giving one weeks' notice." so one week right?
    Yep. Just make sure you give it in writing to your manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Yep. Just make sure you give it in writing to your manager.
    Okay will do, thank you so much for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Okay will do, thank you so much for the help!

Good luck mate.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.