The Student Room Group

Revision is making me fat !

I genuinely think that I have put on weight since I have started hardcore revising as lets be honest grades are more important than health right...

Anyone else think they've put on weight ?

Scroll to see replies

I think I have put on weight too, even though I try and find time to exercise!
Reply 2
It's the opposite for me. I think I've lost weight because i'm spending a lot of time revising instead of eating unnecessary snacks like I used to
Reply 3
Original post by amiwammi
It's the opposite for me. I think I've lost weight because i'm spending a lot of time revising instead of eating unnecessary snacks like I used to

I find I keep rewarding myself with snacks though...
Reply 4
Original post by sunshine774
I think I have put on weight too, even though I try and find time to exercise!

I have tried to go for runs but my god I feel like my lungs are gonna jump out
Reply 5
Original post by fefssdf
I find I keep rewarding myself with snacks though...

This. I think to myself "wow, I've learnt x, How about a quick trip to the fridge"
It happens at least 7 times a day, minimum.
Reply 6
Its wha..what?
Reply 7
no..
i don't have time to eat when i revise
HAHA same tbh. I feel so fat now constantly scranning on jaffa cakes due to stress..

Dw. Once you get all them A's you'll have an excuse :biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf
I genuinely think that I have put on weight since I have started hardcore revising as lets be honest grades are more important than health right...

I feel you.
I went crazy yesterday and decided to have fried rice with 3 eggs - something I've always wanted to do :love:
Oh well - I keep telling myself that after all exams, I'm going to make myself fit again. My weight fluctuates so much in one year.
Its because you are eating more and moving less. Exercise is good for stress. I wouldnt worry though exams will be over soon.
Original post by fefssdf

In your revision schedule should be an exercise routine. A healthy body is a healthy mind :smile:.

You could even shout out facts whilst doing push ups or something ridiculous
Original post by fefssdf

in the future soon people will have to do so much learning the can't afford to do exercise thus ppl become fat
This is the most accurate post I've ever seen
I put on a couple of kg during my uni exams because I was constantly snacking, I rarely get stressed but when I do I get so hungry. And since it's only exam times this happens I see no harm in it.

Already on track to losing the weight I gained. Not the end of the world.
Original post by fefssdf

I put on almost a stone during my GCSE's and had to loose it all again in the summer:/ This year for AS I make sure that I go to the gym everyday and eat healthily, I think it's being stationary for such long periods of time that does it, for me anyhow, as I wasn't eating particularly bad
Reply 16
Original post by fefssdf

If revision is genuinely getting in the way of exercise then you are doing too much revision.
Reply 17
Original post by Charlotte.P
This is the most accurate post I've ever seen

I hear ya - this is the story of my life, but not just during revision, but also in general because I get depressed easily and have no life, so just stay in my room watching TV and eating random junk. 😢
Reply 18
Original post by Kiniun
This. I think to myself "wow, I've learnt x, How about a quick trip to the fridge"
It happens at least 7 times a day, minimum.

the other day I went out to get more paper and ending up stopping at the co-op to get a massive galaxy bar as well...
Reply 19
Original post by 999tigger
Its because you are eating more and moving less. Exercise is good for stress. I wouldnt worry though exams will be over soon.

i keep telling myself I'm gonna go on daily runs after its all over but not sure if that'll happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending