Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is the one characteristic I really dislike in people, anybody agree?
    What is a characteristic that you most dislike in someone?
    And what's one you love?

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people are fake. Guess that's basically insincerity, which is why I respect it when people are their true selves. I prefer hearing something harsh and appreciating it in the future rather than looking back and thinking the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    I hate it when people are fake. Guess that's basically insincerity, which is why I respect it when people are their true selves. I prefer hearing something harsh and appreciating it in the future rather than looking back and thinking the opposite.
    Yeah I definitely agree, and I think that insincerity can come in different forms, for example somebody can be insincere and be nice and 'helpful' but when you can sense that it is forced it's just quite unattractive. It's easy to tell when somebody's kindness is real.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing I usually hate about people is greed. When someone wont stop until they get what they want ; an example is money. The thing I love about people I meet is when they are enthusiastic about trying new hobbies or other things. Or when they always want to chat and to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike it when people don't have any kind of sense of spontaneity/fun/are overly organised. I like generosity, I like those who have "the bantz"/joke around to a reasonable extent, I like when people make an effort (being pretty introverted myself I appreciate good conversationalists, sometimes with those very similar I have nothing to say lol)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    One characteristic that I love: compassion

Not a fan of people who like to play with the feelings of others

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all of you, I like when a person has the ability to stay true to their morals, and just the simple things really, honesty and kindness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimsett)
    I agree with all of you, I like when a person has the ability to stay true to their morals, and just the simple things really, honesty and kindness.
    Yep but unfortunately that is hard to find these days.

ReputationRep:
    Life is fake I hate life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew.bryant)
    Yep but unfortunately that is hard to find these days.
    Yeah it can be, but I do know plenty of pretty great people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Life is fake I hate life.
    Pretty deep. You alright?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it can be, but I do know plenty of pretty great people.
    I don't ahha.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty deep. You alright?
    I'm not. I'm sick and tired of being pushed around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I'm not. I'm sick and tired of being pushed around.
    Back at you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't ahha.
    I'm sure you'll find some soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll find some soon enough!
    Yep

I prefer insincerity to brutal honesty!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can't stand it. Worst thing is, I can smell insincerity a mile off but I can't prove it obviously, so I can't say anything.

ReputationRep:
    I think too much sincerity usually leads to someone seeming less compassionate, because they might call people out on their mistakes too much, without trying to word their accusations in a compassionate manner. I know I have that problem. I often immediately start accusing people of doing things wrong, and that just makes me seem like a douche. I would need to be a bit more insincere in order to give people more constructive criticism. Sometimes, you actually have to be a little bit dishonest in the way that you put points across, to show compassion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.