Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Android Vs Apple (PLEASE VOTE) Watch

• View Poll Results: Android Vs Apple
    Samsung S7 Edge
    66.67%
    Iphone 6s
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting a new phone and i'm torn between Samsung S7 Edge or Iphone 6s. please vote

Android ALL THE WAY!!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mh99)
    I'm thinking of getting a new phone and i'm torn between Samsung S7 Edge or Iphone 6s. please vote
    Was your previous phone an Apple iPhone, or an Android phone? And are/were you happy with your previous phone's OS?

For example, if your previous phone had iOS on it (i.e. was an iPhone) and you didn't want to learn a new operating system, then (unless you didn't like your previous phone's OS) you'd choose another iPhone. The same goes for if your previous phone was Android, it'd be better to pick an Android.

My phones have all been Android phones, and I haven't had any difficulties (apart from one phone, though that was the phone's problem, not the OS).
    However, out of the two phones listed, I actually voted for the iPhone.
    Why? Because of the following network related issues:
    1) Apple iPhones (certainly the iPhone 6 and newer) natively support 4G Calling, so you don't have to drop back to 3G when making a phone call. (Currently, only EE/3 have 4G calling active.)
    2) All modern Samsung phones seem to have a bit of a network issue whereby they will aggressively drop down to 2G far too early. I've heard reports on another forum whereby the S6 and S7 drop to 2G/3G too early (instead of staying on 4G), and I know from experience that my S4 also drops to 2G too early (so I've forced it to 3G). iPhones don't have this issue, though nor do other Android devices.

So to conclude - go with what you feel is best, and what you've been used to, unless you want a change.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I'm an Apple user I choose ein Apfel. :yes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Android gets annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh99)
    Sorry but only an Apple fanboy who is blind to the facts would chose the iphone 6s. The S7 Edge is the best phone in the world fact, regardless of your current phone or allegiance its just a fact

(Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Sorry but only an Apple fanboy who is blind to the facts would chose the iphone 6s. The S7 Edge is the best phone in the world fact, regardless of your current phone or allegiance its just a fact
    True!!! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Android ftw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.