Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36394917

A Chinese laundry detergent advertisement is causing widespread outrage online and is being dubbed the most racist commercial to be screened.But racist advertising has form, and not just in China. A black man walks in and gets 'washed' a different colour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36394917

A Chinese laundry detergent advertisement is causing widespread outrage online and is being dubbed the most racist commercial to be screened.But racist advertising has form, and not just in China. A black man walks in and gets 'washed' a different colour
    Lol mate I'm black and this is one reason why I love Chinese lol

it's actually admirable how little of a f*** the Chinese generally give to political sensitivity

ReputationRep:
    That was brilliant.

I'm sure some professional victims will be along soon enough to be offended on behalf of all black people.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the ad and in my opinion it was not racist.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In Britain we have been brainwashed with PC

ReputationRep:
    Well according to political newspeak, only whites can be racist so suck it up niggros!

ReputationRep:
    omgosh hahahaha the detergent was so strong it made him white! :eek: :rofl: no stain can withstand that gimme some x_x
    10/10 best advertising :lol:
    clearly the black guy in the commercial wasn't offended...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    maybe people are offended cos it would mean that the black dude was dirty so they put him in the washing machine?
    but it's not cos it's just showing how powerful it is so if it can make a black dude white, then ain't no stain got **** on that detergent :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.