Join a TSR political party in the Model House of Commons! Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by noahhh)
Cheers. And yeah, I know - but there are always going to be people with whom I disagree, so it doesn't matter to me.

Thanks, I have a couple questions so will PM you at some point. Should I post on the other recruitment thread?
Since you are on this one now, just continue to post here buddy. All will be fine. 😊
username4939020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Since you are on this one now, just continue to post here buddy. All will be fine. 😊
Okay, thanks
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Okay, thanks
I think most of us have this thread watched so it's totally fine!

Your position is an interesting one, as it probably sits between the Tories and Libertarians. Your views seem pretty similar to the Libertarians with regards to freedom of speech, small government, legalising weed and even abortion these days - the Libers are fiscally conservative and mostly socially conservative these days, with some elements of social liberalism. However they are a sort of UKIP-lite at the moment, so if you're more moderate then perhaps the broad church of the Tories would be better for you.

I see 04 already tagged in the Tory leader for you (ns_2), so I'll tag in the Liber leader and hopefully both of them will help you decide!
Mr T 999
username4939020
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I think most of us have this thread watched so it's totally fine!

Your position is an interesting one, as it probably sits between the Tories and Libertarians. Your views seem pretty similar to the Libertarians with regards to freedom of speech, small government, legalising weed and even abortion these days - the Libers are fiscally conservative and mostly socially conservative these days, with some elements of social liberalism. However they are a sort of UKIP-lite at the moment, so if you're more moderate then perhaps the broad church of the Tories would be better for you.

I see 04 already tagged in the Tory leader for you (ns_2), so I'll tag in the Liber leader and hopefully both of them will help you decide!
Mr T 999
Thank you
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Name: noahhh

Preferred Party: Conservatives (I think? Maybe Libertarian?).

Social Stance: Not sure. Liberal on some issues (same-sex marriage, legalizing weed), Conservative on others (abortion). I support freedom of speech and want the government to stay out of most things.

Economic Stance: Centre/Moderate Right.

Anything Else: Brexiteer.
Hello and welcome to mhoc

I'm the leader of the Libertarian Party. Your views seems like a fit with our party. Just a couple of questions, stance on NHS privatisation, low tax, immigration and foreign aid?
username4939020
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Hello and welcome to mhoc

I'm the leader of the Libertarian Party. Your views seems like a fit with our party. Just a couple of questions, stance on NHS privatisation, low tax, immigration and foreign aid?
Hi

- Not sure how I feel about full privatisation, however I'm in favour of more of it to alleviate some of the stress the NHS is under. I think we should charge people for missed appointments.

- Taxes should be lower, and I like the idea of a flat tax rate.

- We need much stricter immigration policies, and I think a points based system would work best.

- Foreign aid isn't a bad thing, however I think the focus should be spending money on Britain first. I don't think we should be required to spend a certain amount on foreign aid - we should just give what we can/want to the countries that need it most.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi

- Not sure how I feel about full privatisation, however I'm in favour of more of it to alleviate some of the stress the NHS is under. I think we should charge people for missed appointments.

- Taxes should be lower, and I like the idea of a flat tax rate.

- We need much stricter immigration policies, and I think a points based system would work best.

- Foreign aid isn't a bad thing, however I think the focus should be spending money on Britain first. I don't think we should be required to spend a certain amount on foreign aid - we should just give what we can/want to the countries that need it most.
We actually created and passed a bill charging for missed appointments. Most of your views seem like a fit for us.

If you wish to join us you can join here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (122)
28.57%
1 (65)
15.22%
2 (66)
15.46%
3 (68)
15.93%
4 (31)
7.26%
5 (27)
6.32%