The Student Room Group

Will I be disqualified??

It was just the general studies exam, and surely because we've never done one before, I was bound to glance around like you do in a any exam, not making contact with anyone. Anyway, the girls multiple choice answers were on show next to me, but I didn't study them long enough to copy them. I did look at her just out of interest to see where she was at etc, like you do with anyone. Anyway, when the invigilator was collecting the papers in, he said to me ' I'm going to have to report the fact you were looking at that lady's paper in part 1.' I was so shocked and freaked out, I didn't say anything. stupidly, I thought that if he didn't know my name then I couldn't get told off, so I took my green candidate card out with me, but if they question why it isn't there and he realises it was mine, then I look even more suspicious. I'm freaking out basically, because even if they did compare out two papers, its likely anyway that a few multiple choice answers will be the same as it is general studies. I don't know what's happening and it depends on their argument and what they 'saw' but will they disqualify me from the rest of my exams???
Original post by lolggg
It was just the general studies exam, and surely because we've never done one before, I was bound to glance around like you do in a any exam, not making contact with anyone. Anyway, the girls multiple choice answers were on show next to me, but I didn't study them long enough to copy them. I did look at her just out of interest to see where she was at etc, like you do with anyone. Anyway, when the invigilator was collecting the papers in, he said to me ' I'm going to have to report the fact you were looking at that lady's paper in part 1.' I was so shocked and freaked out, I didn't say anything. stupidly, I thought that if he didn't know my name then I couldn't get told off, so I took my green candidate card out with me, but if they question why it isn't there and he realises it was mine, then I look even more suspicious. I'm freaking out basically, because even if they did compare out two papers, its likely anyway that a few multiple choice answers will be the same as it is general studies. I don't know what's happening and it depends on their argument and what they 'saw' but will they disqualify me from the rest of my exams???

i think youre finsihed mate
good luck

jokes aside, u shouldnt be, theyll report you and you probably wont here of it again
Original post by lolggg

1. If they report you then you will need to write a response to defend yourself.
2. Imo it looks likely you commited an infringement by looking at her paper. You are going to have to say you didnt see anything . they may compare your marks and it will not look good if you get the same answers wrong.
3. Sounds more like they will give you a warning or a penalty for this exam. I wouldnt worry GS counts for nothing.
4. Taking the card might be an infringement, but not convinced it makes you look guiltier, unless there are specific instructions not to remove it. Ofc they can trace you anyway, so it was a dumb move.
5. They won't disqualify you from the other exams imo, unless they genuinely think you were plagiarisng her work. You need to deny it.
Original post by lolggg

Lol sounds ridiculous. Loads of people look at the person beside them briefly to see how far they've got etc.

Sorry I can't give you any useful advice though.

Quick Reply

Latest