Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for assurance (London) for PwC. If I achieve a 2:2 instead of 2:1, is it still possible they let me in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james987)
    I have an offer for assurance (London) for PwC. If I achieve a 2:2 instead of 2:1, is it still possible they let me in?
    Probably not. Focus on getting the 2.1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Probably not. Focus on getting the 2.1.
    My exams are over, pretty confident i will not get a 2:1. Lets see what happens i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I should bl**dy well hope not. Serves you right for slacking in your final year. Many people would kill for a job offer from one of the Big 4 and you've gone and blown yours. Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevey396)
    I should bl**dy well hope not. Serves you right for slacking in your final year. Many people would kill for a job offer from one of the Big 4 and you've gone and blown yours. Congratulations.
    I haven't been slacking of at all, have found my final year very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been slacking of at all, have found my final year very difficult.
    In what way?

If you found your course hard, did you ask for help from lecturers/tutors and consult textbooks/internet resources?

If you had any health problems did you see your GP/a counsellor and try to get extenuating circumstances?

I don't think PwC will respond positively to you saying "I got a 2:2 but I had a bad year, please will you let me in?" if you have no official written reason for why you haven't achieved the 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    In what way?

If you found your course hard, did you ask for help from lecturers/tutors and consult textbooks/internet resources?

If you had any health problems did you see your GP/a counsellor and try to get extenuating circumstances?

I don't think PwC will respond positively to you saying "I got a 2:2 but I had a bad year, please will you let me in?" if you have no official written reason for why you haven't achieved the 2:1.
    I did get help from lectures, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should chill out a bit? Considering you know nothing about OP's circumstances...

ReputationRep:
    I did get help from lectures, yes.
    Well I guess if you got help but still struggled then you just weren't cut out for the course.

I'd make sure you have a good number of backup plans in place in case you get rejected from PwC. There's nothing worse than going from graduation into unemployment, especially if you only have a 2:2. It's pretty much graduate suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess if you got help but still struggled then you just weren't cut out for the course.

I'd make sure you have a good number of backup plans in place in case you get rejected from PwC. There's nothing worse than going from graduation into unemployment, especially if you only have a 2:2. It's pretty much graduate suicide.
    I will hope they let me in, I study a strong course at one of the top uni's, and hopefully they consider that when deciding.

ReputationRep:
    Chill out?

I will hope they let me in, I study a strong course at one of the top uni's, and hopefully they consider that when deciding.
    I wouldn't count on it, it's a numbers game for a company like PWC. Hope for the best, but if you genuinely think you're going to come out with a 2.2 then start applying elsewhere sooner rather than later for a backup option. You'll kick yourself if you wait a month then have to do it.

ReputationRep:
    In what way?

your not being helpful, you probs got a 3rd
    stop being bitter and bringing everyone else down

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.