The Student Room Group

If you miss the grade for PwC

I have an offer for assurance (London) for PwC. If I achieve a 2:2 instead of 2:1, is it still possible they let me in?
Reply 1
Original post by james987
I have an offer for assurance (London) for PwC. If I achieve a 2:2 instead of 2:1, is it still possible they let me in?

Probably not. Focus on getting the 2.1.
Reply 2
Original post by M1011
Probably not. Focus on getting the 2.1.

My exams are over, pretty confident i will not get a 2:1. Lets see what happens i guess.
I should bl**dy well hope not. Serves you right for slacking in your final year. Many people would kill for a job offer from one of the Big 4 and you've gone and blown yours. Congratulations.
Reply 4
Original post by stevey396
I should bl**dy well hope not. Serves you right for slacking in your final year. Many people would kill for a job offer from one of the Big 4 and you've gone and blown yours. Congratulations.

I haven't been slacking of at all, have found my final year very difficult.
I haven't been slacking of at all, have found my final year very difficult.

In what way?

If you found your course hard, did you ask for help from lecturers/tutors and consult textbooks/internet resources?

If you had any health problems did you see your GP/a counsellor and try to get extenuating circumstances?

I don't think PwC will respond positively to you saying "I got a 2:2 but I had a bad year, please will you let me in?" if you have no official written reason for why you haven't achieved the 2:1.
Reply 6
In what way?

If you found your course hard, did you ask for help from lecturers/tutors and consult textbooks/internet resources?

If you had any health problems did you see your GP/a counsellor and try to get extenuating circumstances?

I don't think PwC will respond positively to you saying "I got a 2:2 but I had a bad year, please will you let me in?" if you have no official written reason for why you haven't achieved the 2:1.

I did get help from lectures, yes.
Reply 7

Maybe you should chill out a bit? Considering you know nothing about OP's circumstances...
(edited 7 years ago)
I did get help from lectures, yes.

Well I guess if you got help but still struggled then you just weren't cut out for the course.

I'd make sure you have a good number of backup plans in place in case you get rejected from PwC. There's nothing worse than going from graduation into unemployment, especially if you only have a 2:2. It's pretty much graduate suicide.
Reply 9
Well I guess if you got help but still struggled then you just weren't cut out for the course.

I'd make sure you have a good number of backup plans in place in case you get rejected from PwC. There's nothing worse than going from graduation into unemployment, especially if you only have a 2:2. It's pretty much graduate suicide.

I will hope they let me in, I study a strong course at one of the top uni's, and hopefully they consider that when deciding.
Reply 10

Chill out?

I will hope they let me in, I study a strong course at one of the top uni's, and hopefully they consider that when deciding.

I wouldn't count on it, it's a numbers game for a company like PWC. Hope for the best, but if you genuinely think you're going to come out with a 2.2 then start applying elsewhere sooner rather than later for a backup option. You'll kick yourself if you wait a month then have to do it.
Reply 11
In what way?

your not being helpful, you probs got a 3rd
stop being bitter and bringing everyone else down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending