Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My English exam is in two weeks and I know this sounds pathetic but I'm terrified. I'm predicted an A in English but honestly at this point I doubt I can even get a C. I don't know why this happens but every time I try and do a paper I start panicking and I just cannot do it. This ''fear'' started a few months ago when I was in a mock and everything was fine when I just started panicking for no reason and I had to be taken out and I didn't even complete half of the paper. When we've been doing practice questions in class the same thing happens, I just start panicking and I get nothing done at all. I'm so worried this is going to happen in the exam and I end up failing. I know if I do fail it isn't the end of the world as I can re-take it but I just really don't want to. I have no idea how I'm going to get over this in 2 weeks and I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're just over stressing yourself, I have mine at 7th June, at least you're smart (your predicted grade is an A) you have nothing to worry about.
    You rather do the paper or just don't even bother to go to the exam and waste a year of your life. At the end of the day is your choice step up and be a man, or just stay at home crying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlamcw)
    Maybe you're just over stressing yourself, I have mine at 7th June, at least you're smart (your predicted grade is an A) you have nothing to worry about.
    You rather do the paper or just don't even bother to go to the exam and waste a year of your life. At the end of the day is your choice step up and be a man, or just stay at home crying
    Hello, I know this is bit out of topic but I am also going to sit the exam on 7th June . Any ideas what questions may come up on Omam / Romeo and Juliet or creative writing ? Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarenkaldn)
    Hello, I know this is bit out of topic but I am also going to sit the exam on 7th June . Any ideas what questions may come up on Omam / Romeo and Juliet or creative writing ? Cheers !
    Hey no worries but I only know about the English Language higher paper since that's what I'm gonna do on that day.

If you are doing the same thing as me then, have a look at this website, this will give you a brief idea on what the examiners are going to ask you on that day. If you need any help on how to answer them just let me know since I've been revising every single one of their question. But just letting you know I'm not very good in English but I'll try my best to help.

Link: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...H-QP-JUN15.PDF

ReputationRep:
    That is very nice of you ☺️ but my exam board is Edexcel . It looks like we are doing two different exams and it is also on 7th June ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarenkaldn)
    That is very nice of you ☺️ but my exam board is Edexcel . It looks like we are doing two different exams and it is also on 7th June ☺️
    Oh I'm so sorry I have no idea how to answer Edexcel papers, but try to look at their past papers, that should always help Good luck next Tuesday hope we both pass

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.