Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm doing the GCSE Edexcel Foundation Calcualtor paper in 2 weeks and I was wondering if any one knew the kinda topics that may come up???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefanielouisexx)
    Hi,

I'm doing the GCSE Edexcel Foundation Calcualtor paper in 2 weeks and I was wondering if any one knew the kinda topics that may come up???
    College is meant to be sending me a list. Will share if they send it.

ReputationRep:
    I think there'll definitely be angles. I think we'll also have to do stem and leaf and/or a bar chart, something circle-related, finding the nth term, pythagoras... That's just based on what *wasn't* in non-calc and the type of topics that tend to be on calc. Can't remember if there was a ratio problem on non-calc? They like those

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting the same paper. Some topics listed below echo previous comments but I hope this helps.
    I suggest covering the following topics:

Pythagoras theorem
    Inequalities
    Graphs/Pie Charts/Stem Leaf
    Conversions of units
    Shapes - 2D and 3D
    Area/Volume/Surface Area of shapes
    Area of a Circle/Circumference of a Circle/etc.
    Parallel lines/Angles in Triangles/Angles in Polygons
    Transformations
    Exchange rate of money
    Percentage increase and decrease
    Ratio
    Probability
    Mode/Mean/Median/Range
    Frequency tables
    Cube and Square roots (know the functions on the calculator!)

There are videos on Youtube demonstrating how to use mathematical/scientific calculators and the functions needed to quickly find out square roots/cube roots/fractions excetra.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone! )

ReputationRep:
    amazn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.