Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my gcse test i didnt talk about similarities and differences only similarities but i analysed it. Will i not be able to get at least 15 on the seen then? Please answer urgently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasiin2000)
    For my gcse test i didnt talk about similarities and differences only similarities but i analysed it. Will i not be able to get at least 15 on the seen then? Please answer urgently
    Don't worry, you'll be okay As long as you properly analysed the similarities, you can still get a high grade. You don't have to analyse both similarities and differences.

Is this for poetry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rheaj44)
    Don't worry, you'll be okay As long as you properly analysed the similarities, you can still get a high grade. You don't have to analyse both similarities and differences.

Is this for poetry?
    Yes it is. Another question i didn't talk about structure to support my points for the unseen only language. is that a problem aswell?

ReputationRep:
    yes that's fine. and for the unseen and the seen, the mark scheme says language and OR structure so that'll be fine too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    yes that's fine. and for the unseen and the seen, the mark scheme says language and OR structure so that'll be fine too
    So you guys are sure that its okay to only talk about similarities for the seen?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. Another question i didn't talk about structure to support my points for the unseen only language. is that a problem aswell?
    Not a problem, especially for unseen as examiners won't be looking for indepth analysis for a poem you've never seen before, just valid points backed up with quotes. As long as you did language or structure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry - its not necessary to talk about differences within the poems to get really high grades. I only talked about similarities too - my teacher told me i could mention differences if it was important but not to worry if i didnt
    which poems did you decide to analyse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou2471)
    dont worry - its not necessary to talk about differences within the poems to get really high grades. I only talked about similarities too - my teacher told me i could mention differences if it was important but not to worry if i didnt
    which poems did you decide to analyse?
    Poppies and Come on Come back

ReputationRep:
    So you guys are sure that its okay to only talk about similarities for the seen?
    yes pretty sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.