samm98
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically people doing AQA Unit 4 economics will know that there's 2 sections: Business economics and Government intervention/the labour market. In the exam there's a choice of 2 contexts (5,10,25 marks) with one normally being on the first half and the second being on the latter. Then there's a choice of 3 essays (15+ 25 marks) which also has every year had at least one essay on each to do.

I'm seriously considering just revising the second part and ignoring the business economics as i personally find it a lot easier and if there's been a choice every single year surely I can be a lot more efficient and boost my grade by just focusing on the second part (with the exception to a brief look over business economics). My teacher practically said you could do this but obviously can't recommend you do as he could get in some pretty big trouble if something went wrong.

So I guess my question is how risky really is this strategy considering this is my real A levels which aren't re-takeable?
RiahDawson
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by samm98)
Basically people doing AQA Unit 4 economics will know that there's 2 sections: Business economics and Government intervention/the labour market. In the exam there's a choice of 2 contexts (5,10,25 marks) with one normally being on the first half and the second being on the latter. Then there's a choice of 3 essays (15+ 25 marks) which also has every year had at least one essay on each to do.
I'm seriously considering just revising the second part and ignoring the business economics as i personally find it a lot easier and if there's been a choice every single year surely I can be a lot more efficient and boost my grade by just focusing on the second part (with the exception to a brief look over business economics). My teacher practically said you could do this but obviously can't recommend you do as he could get in some pretty big trouble if something went wrong.
So I guess my question is how risky really is this strategy considering this is my real A levels which aren't re-takeable?
Wouldnt revise like this when you still have time and a choice to cover everything. But if you would rather test your luck with the questions feel free.
samm98
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by RiahDawson)
Wouldnt revise like this when you still have time and a choice to cover everything. But if you would rather test your luck with the questions feel free.
Yeah I guess it isn't ideal but my exam timetable is dreadful with 5 of my A2's in 3 days so any shortcuts would definitely come in handy haha. But I don't want to completely risk my economics A level really so it's hard to know what to do :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.89%
Okay (109)
29.14%
A bit lacking (139)
37.17%
Not good at all (89)
23.8%

Watched Threads